Online Vinyl Deals

I have too many copies of Sgt Pepper's that I barely listen to... but that stereo remix looks nice.
Maybe I'll dump an early US stereo pressing. My UK original 'wide spine' mono is the gem in my Beatles cube.

it is in stock and can be ordered. I set an in stock notification when I saw that price curious if they would update it and got the email last night that its available at the same price.
Thanks, in for one. My blue original copy has a manufacturing error that causes 'noise bumps' during Radiohead (A2) and I'd like to off-load that one. Maybe non-fill? It's annoying.

Also, for anybody willing to take a short survey. You’ll get a $15 off code, although the code CANNOT be used with the discounted subscriber price… but in most cases will come out to less than the subscriber price anyways and you don’t have to worry about cancelling or getting auto-renewed.

Is this stereo pressing really that much better then other ones?

And, in looking at whether I should trade out another copy for this one, I realized I have the 2014 mono reissue and it's selling for +$200! Is there a compelling reason to hang on to this? Won't there inevitably another mono reissue given how often Beatles records get the reissue treatment?

Thanks in advance for your N&G counsel.
No doubt your first question is one of those that's in the ears of the beholder. :D By all accounts it's different than others, so basically a question of whether you're interested in that difference. Here's a bit about it: First Listen: The 2017 Sgt. Pepper Remix

I definitely wouldn't replace your mono reissue with this one, but that's me.

Also, for anybody willing to take a short survey. You’ll get a $15 off code, although the code CANNOT be used with the discounted subscriber price… but in most cases will come out to less than the subscriber price anyways and you don’t have to worry about cancelling or getting auto-renewed.

I'll add, if you have had multiple email accounts associated with Bandbox, you can obtain more than one gift card for doing the surveys. The gift cards stack. I ended up grabbing the Sylvan Esso exclusive for $4 with free shipping.

Last edited:
I'll add, if you have had multiple email accounts associated with Bandbox, you can obtain more than one gift card for doing the surveys. The gift cards stack. I ended up grabbing the Sylvan Esso exclusive for $4 with free shipping.

And the gmail "period trick" appears to work. [Gulp]

I would partake if it were VMP but the dude that runs bandbox is pretty cool and I think has engaged with us on the forum here, I don’t really wanna be taking advantage. But yeah, to each their own.

I would partake if it were VMP but the dude that runs bandbox is pretty cool and I think has engaged with us on the forum here, I don’t really wanna be taking advantage. But yeah, to each their own.
I understand, hence the [gulp]. Seems like online vendors should be aware of this gmail workaround by now.

Last edited:
Is this stereo pressing really that much better then other ones?

And, in looking at whether I should trade out another copy for this one, I realized I have the 2014 mono reissue and it's selling for +$200! Is there a compelling reason to hang on to this? Won't there inevitably another mono reissue given how often Beatles records get the reissue treatment?

Thanks in advance for your N&G counsel.

I find the Giles Martin remasters to be incendiary.

The boomers at SHF are contentious about this, but I'm most cases they are just mad that their expensive grails long squired aren't the best anymore, or that their ears aren't happy about hearing new things.

Cleaning some vinyl last night and thought I would just listen to the stream of this in the background - you know, because I was able to resist the temptation of jumping in on this when it hit $116.

So GD good. Such a thoroughly enjoyable listen and you know, I was able to resist the temptation of jumping in on this when it hit $116. And you know, at $16 and change per slab they're almost giving it away.

And that deal, you know the one I was able to resist the temptation of jumping in on when it hit $116? No way that box set is still sitting out there at that price. I'll just take a little peek at the price now and SON-OF-A-B!!! 🤯
I picked it up a few years ago. A friend clued me in to it being back in stock, and I paid $107.

Cleaning some vinyl last night and thought I would just listen to the stream of this in the background - you know, because I was able to resist the temptation of jumping in on this when it hit $116.

So GD good. Such a thoroughly enjoyable listen and you know, I was able to resist the temptation of jumping in on this when it hit $116. And you know, at $16 and change per slab they're almost giving it away.

And that deal, you know the one I was able to resist the temptation of jumping in on when it hit $116? No way that box set is still sitting out there at that price. I'll just take a little peek at the price now and SON-OF-A-B!!! 🤯
Having now received and cleaned this set, and listened through several of the records, I can add my voice to those who have spoken about the greatness of the music. And it doesn't end there. The overall package is top-notch, with the vinyl almost perfectly flat and, more importantly, dead quiet. I hadn't paid enough attention to when this was released to realize it pre-dated Tom Petty's death, and thankfully, his hand is all over the choices here. Not only was he central in selecting from the hours and hours of live-performance tape, but his song-by-song notes included in the hefty booklet add a flavor to the enterprise that's really special. I still have a few discs to go, but just listening to It's Good to be King to close out side 6 was kind of mind blowing, and I can imagine that if I'd witnessed that live, I would have been close to passing out by the end of it given how fucking beautiful, unpredictable, and ultimately perfect it is. Tom's notes on that take, read after listening, let me know I'm not wrong! So I'm not going to pretend that $116 is small change, but it's hard to imagine regretting this purchase.

Or this, to really get a feel for it:

Last edited:
Having now received and cleaned this set, and listened through several of the records, I can add my voice to those who have spoken about the greatness of the music. And it doesn't end there. The overall package is top-notch, with the vinyl almost perfectly flat and, more importantly, dead quiet. I hadn't paid enough attention to when this was released to realize it pre-dated Tom Petty's death, and thankfully, his hand is all over the choices here. Not only was he central in selecting from the hours and hours of live-performance tape, but his song-by-song notes included in the hefty booklet add a flavor to the enterprise that's really special. I still have a few discs to go, but just listening to It's Good to be King to close out side 6 was kind of mind blowing, and I can imagine that if I'd witnessed that live, I would have been close to passing out by the end of it given how fucking beautiful, unpredictable, and ultimately perfect it is. Tom's notes on that take, read after listening, let me know I'm not wrong! So I'm not going to pretend that $116 is small change, but it's hard to imagine regretting this purchase.

I've gotten all but the listening part done, hoping to get some time this week to start spinning away at this set. That being said, could not agree more on the packaging :)

I've gotten all but the listening part done, hoping to get some time this week to start spinning away at this set. That being said, could not agree more on the packaging :)
I've owned this beast since the 180G original came out in 2009. It should be on everyone's shelf. I'm glad to see so many getting in on this. Tom had a really long career yet the quality of his work never faltered.

So good. So missed.

Or this, to really get a feel for it:

Completely agree! For some reason "It's Good to Be King" was on a loop in my head when I woke up yesterday. So I thought - I need to listen to a little TP. Hence the rabbit hole that led to my purchase of the box set.

It's a good thing I'm doing a Vinyl Overdrive January!

I know I'm preaching to the Tom Petty Choir, but I thought I would remind folks about the awesome TP documentary, "Running Down a Dream." The director was Peter Bogdanovich - who just died a couple of weeks ago. Bogdanovich was a quirky dude. In a Sound Opinions interview that they re-ran last week, he admitted that he wasn't even a fan of Petty's before agreeing to do the documentary.

Fun fact: Bogdanovich played Dr. Jennifer Melfi's therapist in the Sopranos.

Looks like Newbury has some pretty significant markdowns on a bunch of their exclusives. Rostam, John Carpenter, Strfkr, Matthew Dear, My Morning Jacket, Jason Isbell, among others.

Only noticed thanks to @HAIMtime's discussion of the Camp Cope 'sclusie over in the Pre-Order Thread, also on sale for less than the price of a Shake Shack burger/fries/shake combo.

Last edited:
Back