Online Vinyl Deals

With all the customer service talk going on I was curious if other people have noticed the dramatic fall in amazon's customer service as well? I've been a prime member for quite awhile and always felt assured with there good customer service but it seems like it has went wayyyy down hill over the last year and the last six months especially.. Like there is no gray area no more, either return it or keep it and they're super blunt and to the point not to mention them taking away the email way of contacting which was always my preferred way.
I finally did a chat recently because when they kept sending me the wrong record when I ordered a Jobim Record, I had to send them all back. I don’t mind that at all honestly. Problem was they got all three records, confirmed they got them and then charged me for the record I never got. Then the only thing they would do was refund the money and it took a week. I actually just stopped responding in the chat because the douche bag didn’t even care that I was upset.

not sure if this was posted previously, but Montara/Bobby Hutcherson is on pre-order for 10.61 GBP on amazon UK
and it's listed as a Blue Note release

same for Oh Baby!/Big John Patton

Last edited:
Been in my watchlist since release. I always said if it drops below £100 I'll have it and it just did. £99.30 for 10LP Ornette Coleman Atlantic Years Boxset.

I have this and it’s money well spent.

Anyone who is interested in getting the limited edition Spsce Oddity Bowie vinyl from Paul Smith, I bought it using this amazon offer. You get 20% back in amazon credit. I’m a sucker for Bowie variants:

1998186A-697A-4FDE-B6D6-DF352C46DC9D.jpeg

£25 (or £20 + £5 back in credit) plus £5 postage (which might also be another £1 in credit. Use a computer browser as it wouldn’t work on my iPhone

I finally did a chat recently because when they kept sending me the wrong record when I ordered a Jobim Record, I had to send them all back. I don’t mind that at all honestly. Problem was they got all three records, confirmed they got them and then charged me for the record I never got. Then the only thing they would do was refund the money and it took a week. I actually just stopped responding in the chat because the douche bag didn’t even care that I was upset.

Yeah, I dont expect to keep things (even though it used to be a nice surprise sometimes haha) but before if something was damaged and i showed clear proof they'd at least give me an option to get partial credit back especially if it was sold out or a warehouse item that was a good deal and they couldn't provide a replacement. This last time I provided 5 pics and two paragraphs explaining it all saying id like a partial refund to avoid returning it since the damage was pretty bad and I just got a message back saying "This never usually happens but in a rare occurrence damage does happen so I started a return for you" haha.. Completely 100% ignored everything I wrote and sent, if they at least showed they read it and said we cant do that, I would have understood. Like you said, there chat is super cold now and just extremely lousy customer service with zero effort whatsoever. It's happened about 4-5 times in a row now when before i'd leave satisfied 95% of the time at least.

Sucks that happened to you but at least I know i'm not the only one that has noticed the steep decline in support. It's a shame since it used to be good-great most of the time.

Yeah, I dont expect to keep things (even though it used to be a nice surprise sometimes haha) but before if something was damaged and i showed clear proof they'd at least give me an option to get partial credit back especially if it was sold out or a warehouse item that was a good deal and they couldn't provide a replacement. This last time I provided 5 pics and two paragraphs explaining it all saying id like a partial refund to avoid returning it since the damage was pretty bad and I just got a message back saying "This never usually happens but in a rare occurrence damage does happen so I started a return for you" haha.. Completely 100% ignored everything I wrote and sent, if they at least showed they read it and said we cant do that, I would have understood. Like you said, there chat is super cold now and just extremely lousy customer service with zero effort whatsoever. It's happened about 4-5 times in a row now when before i'd leave satisfied 95% of the time at least.

Sucks that happened to you but at least I know i'm not the only one that has noticed the steep decline in support. It's a shame since it used to be good-great most of the time.

Yeah this is the problem with Amazon right now. They used to be relentlessly about "customer experience" even to the point of taking a loss on certain things. They wanted people to get absolutely sucked into their ecosystem. Prime is a great example of that, but also look at how they dominated the ebook market with the Kindle hardware. Now I think they're starting to shift away from that customer-above-everything mentality toward something more profit-focused. Expect shittier customer service, especially around Prime Day and other major holidays, as they aggressively push stuff like one day shipping. I think we're gonna see places like Wal-Mart start to takes chunks out of Amazon's dominance, at least I hope so. I've been a Prime member since they first announced it but they've been going downhill so much lately.

not sure if this was posted previously, but Montara/Bobby Hutcherson is on pre-order for 10.61 GBP on amazon UK

thanks. ill check those !

With all the customer service talk going on I was curious if other people have noticed the dramatic fall in amazon's customer service as well? I've been a prime member for quite awhile and always felt assured with there good customer service but it seems like it has went wayyyy down hill over the last year and the last six months especially.. Like there is no gray area no more, either return it or keep it and they're super blunt and to the point not to mention them taking away the email way of contacting which was always my preferred way.
I had the same experience. Shipping is also becoming an issue for me. They may deliver in 2 days after shipping, but I found that it was often taking a couple days for my order to even ship, so in total it took longer than the “get it in 2 days” timeline. I actually dropped Prime because of it. Glad I did too, because I was just defaulting to ordering off Amazon and assumed it would be the best price. Now I actually shop around and find that I can often beat the Amazon price somewhere. Plus, there is really very few situations where I need whatever I was ordering to arrive in a day or two...

I think this was posted in the Anthology thread. It appears to be an Elemental release which is usually remastered from a CD or digital source. Might be worth a punt at that price but reviews on Elemental releases are quite mixed. Seems to be the equivalent of those Blue Note 75th releases.

I think this was posted in the Anthology thread. It appears to be an Elemental release which is usually remastered from a CD or digital source. Might be worth a punt at that price but reviews on Elemental releases are quite mixed. Seems to be the equivalent of those Blue Note 75th releases.
the product description clearly states Blue Note
i've no idea on how to search for the ASIN number....

Already told ya the source is CD or digital, not analogue :ROFLMAO:

But see here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/blue-note-elemental-music-source-good-news.733338/

Appears that Elemental remasters these from high res audio. They do not seem to be grey market but I’ve seen mixed reviews on a lot of these but would be worth a punt for £10.

Other sites have the reissues listed as well and confirm Elemental:

Cc: @panino

the product description clearly states Blue Note
View attachment 10769
i've no idea on how to search for the ASIN number....
Already told ya the source is CD or digital, not analogue :ROFLMAO:

But see here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/blue-note-elemental-music-source-good-news.733338/

Appears that Elemental remasters these from high res audio. They do not seem to be grey market but I’ve seen mixed reviews on a lot of these but would be worth a punt for £10.

Other sites have the reissues listed as well and confirm Elemental:

Cc: @panino

Whilst it might be digitally sourced, the general feedback, in fact all that I can see so far, is that they are good quality pressings.

Whilst it might be digitally sourced, the general feedback, in fact all that I can see so far, is that they are good quality pressings.

I've always been impressed by the Elementals I have too. Also worth noting that while the BNs may not be, Elemental have used Bernie Grundman to remaster some of their releases so it seems they do care enough about getting the best out of some of their titles.

Fair enough. I saw a bunch of complaints on hoffman forums about them and do believe they are a bit hit or miss but for the price and some of the titles they have released, they do seem worth the money. It's why I compared them to the BN75 series. Seems like they press at GZ which might be why some people have complained about them too. I'd be curious to check one out but I think after shipping to the US, might not be worth it for me. Haven't seen a list price in the US yet.

Back