Online Vinyl Deals

The one closer to me had them out, but limited. The other one with the locked case has gone downhill a bunch. It's actually near where I went to High School (which is now closed down). And....it is Portland Oregon after all. It's a little sketch in a lot of pockets these days. Security basically just lets people walk out with stolen goods as the laws favor the criminals and/or nothing will be done if they are arrested. The local PD is understaffed and doesn't respond to much at all these days, usually not until something serious has happened. I moved out to the burbs last year after living in Portland my whole life, it was getting to be a lot with a young Daughter.

Damn, this sucks to read. Been almost a decade since I've made it down that way and I had nothing but positive experiences for the few years I was coming in pretty regularly back then. Even ran into a bunch of train-hoppin' Canadian crusty punks I knew busking with some local cats one of the last times I was there - but, I mean, as dirty and sometimes annoying as the crust punk kids can be, they're generally pretty harmless!

Dropped in real quick to a WalMart about 20 minutes away. Everything was locked in a glass case. Guess it's a little sketch. Didn't see anything obvious worth opening for.

My Walmart in fucking ghetto bham that has turnstiles to get in doesn't have this. Is your Walmart in Mordor? Lol

The Target by our house is so ghetto that even they have everything locked up in glass cases now. Even all the toiletries and cleaning supplies.

Damn, this sucks to read. Been almost a decade since I've made it down that way and I had nothing but positive experiences for the few years I was coming in pretty regularly back then. Even ran into a bunch of train-hoppin' Canadian crusty punks I knew busking with some local cats one of the last times I was there - but, I mean, as dirty and sometimes annoying as the crust punk kids can be, they're generally pretty harmless!
Portland still has some really great spots, but the homeless and more so drug dealing/criminal issue (like a lot of everywhere else) is a lot more prevalent. We run a small business in Portland and watch drug dealing across the street in the "camp" every day. They were even handing some to the cleanup people the other day. Police are unwilling to respond until someone has been robbed or shot (actually told this by the police).

All that being said, I still spend a lot of time in town and I'm ready for someone to have the answer to bring it back to life.

Portland still has some really great spots, but the homeless and more so drug dealing/criminal issue (like a lot of everywhere else) is a lot more prevalent. We run a small business in Portland and watch drug dealing across the street in the "camp" every day. They were even handing some to the cleanup people the other day. Police are unwilling to respond until someone has been robbed or shot (actually told this by the police).

All that being said, I still spend a lot of time in town and I'm ready for someone to have the answer to bring it back to life.

I can dig that. The unhoused and drug situation here has been getting brutally worse and worse around here too. It's especially tricky on the west coast because the climate is far more conducive to survivability for 1/4-1/2 the year than the vast majority of our eastern counterparts. There is definitely a noticeable influx here every September and things have traditionally (although less so lately) eased up a bit come April/May. All the ports also mean a lot of the product is more prevalent in our necks of the woods too. I think this was particularly noticeable around these parts when I first moved here - it was very much a heroin city when I got here but meth has run roughshod over absolutely everything and everyone in the couple of decades since. The toxic supply issue has just made things so much worse - even some of our greatest and longest in-place support nets seem to be running out of hope. We got particularly extra fucked around here when the Olympics came to Vancouver - in order to clean up the city for all the cameras that were going to be around, they shipped an incredibly high percentage of their unhoused over to us, and many didn't head back. It was definitely a very marked turning point in going from bad to worse on our streets. They've been doing it again lately too, busting up a couple of the biggest camps over there and putting folks on a ferry and sending them here. Which is pretty gross on a lot of levels - particularly the dehumanization and passing of the buck.

That said, our unhoused and addicted population for the most part sticks to a pretty specific zone, based around available services, but it does filter further and further afield of late. Even scarier these days has been a huge uptick in violent teenagers swarming, beating and stabbing people - most often seemingly at random. The other stuff is pretty easily explainable, but this kid shit seems to have sprung up out of nowhere!

I’m sensing posting trends that could lead to two new N&G forum threads — “Ghetto Discount Retail” and “PacNW — A Gorgeous, Mostly Wonderful Shit Show.”

I think a more generic "tell me how your town is fucked up" would have broader appeal. I mean....don't get me started.

Subthread: "tell me about the notable crazy person that everyone will know just by their description"

Really don't get me started, mentally I'm already three paragraphs into the post.

Can someone grab both Use Your Illusions for me?
The two I grabbed were the only copies left. I live in a small city so the upside is that the vinyl section was not picked over when I stopped by yesterday. The downside is that they only stock 1-3 copies of each release, so most items I bought were the only ones available.

Welp, jinxed myself. Went to 3 more locations and found much better options. All this for $200.

View attachment 157660

I saw most of these at the Walmart by my work this morning though I only ended up buying the Elton John Diamonds collection. I've been wanting that for awhile.

I'm going to stop by one more WM on the way home from work and see what they have.

Back