Online Vinyl Deals

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks!
Yea--Shipping to the US used to be expensive so I never ordered from them. But then I noticed they do free shipping now to the US over $50. The sleeves still aren't "cheap" but they are comparable in price to the SC Ultimate Outer 5.0 and you can actually get them haha.

I should look into the MoFi ones though as I think those are significantly cheaper ($18 per 50 pack if you buy 2+ through MD). Not sure if they fit the Tone Poets or larger gatefolds.

what's the issue with SC haven't ordered from them in a long time?
stuff has been backordered for forever (with dates shifting) and I think there have been some not-so-nice customer service interactions with people lately.

i like their product a lot but have had a few times in the past year where I've needed to order some sleeves and they kept pushing back backorder dates.

what's the issue with SC haven't ordered from them in a long time?

The backorder problem like most is def. the biggest thing as you simply never know when you'll get them. On top of that though the last large order I made they put it in a flimsy cardboard envolope and with 200+ sleeves it was pretty beat up and they were spilling out by the time I got it.. Luckily it was just minimal scratch damage from what I could see but they used to ship everything like tanks. On a smaller note there are no more free samples either which was always a really nice bonus. I still have nothing major against them as I have been using them for a really long time but it's about that time I think I move on as well on the next big re-load.

While on the subject of sleeves does anyone have recs for box sets? Either on here or the Hoffman forums someone told me about these awhile back Amazon product ASIN B07TRPF9BP and they seem nice but $15 for only 5 sleeves and even with that "bonus" included magnet it's just not quite enough to get me to pull the trigger. Most standard box sets idc much about sleeving but some try to get a little fancy and are scratch/damage magnets. I'd probably only need 10 or so but $30 is rough 💸

on the SC product page of items does it let you know if a item is on back order?
it does but the dates have been meaningless the past couple years and lots of times I've tried to order products they have as in stock only to get an email a couple days later that they don't have stock and no timeline for fulfillment. their CS has been pretty snippy. this last time i asked them "what do you have in stock so we don't go back and forth with me giving you a replacement only to be told it's OOS" and they got pretty shitty about it. Will just buy from my locals or whatever is available going forward

Oh man this FB vinyl group I'm in is getting their first real AP Backorder Experience over that Terrapin/Reckoning thing and they are all on the copium- lots of "my order still showing pending" and even a "i bet this just went live too early" post which made me almost spit my morning red bull
But my order is still pending! Maybe…MMM…Maaaybbbbeeeee!

I grabbed 3 Norah Jones AP presses and one Beach Boys AP press.
Screenshot_2022-07-07-20-09-48-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I grabbed 3 Norah Jones AP presses and one Beach Boys AP press.
View attachment 145156
Not that I need anything, but when I put in the code, I get a message saying "code not found". I tried all caps and all lower case, and my cart was over $100. Is it only good on the clearance items?

Not that I need anything, but when I put in the code, I get a message saying "code not found". I tried all caps and all lower case, and my cart was over $100. Is it only good on the clearance items?
I don't think so, but I do think it's only on what they have in stock, despite letting you search for more than that. I don't know the store very well, only ordered one used album from them before.

I don't think so, but I do think it's only on what they have in stock, despite letting you search for more than that. I don't know the store very well, only ordered one used album from them before.
their site is weird. If you click the link you provided and navigate through the eight boxes down the page, those work. If you click on the links on the very top of that page, it takes you to pages that look very different, almost like it's a different storefront. Weird. I was first looking through the links on the top of the page, I think that was the problem. Using the eight boxes down, the code works (but I doubt I'm ordering anything...I don't understand their pricing, some things are marked way up, others down).

Back