Online Vinyl Deals

Thanks - thats perfect info, gonna get live Album, Moondance and Into the Music based on your Van ears :)
You made some good choices! BTW, there are some fantastic YouTube videos of his tour from the period recorded for the live album. Here is one of Cypress Avenue, which, in my opinion, may surpass the studio version. I could try to explain how, but just watch for yourself.

Last edited:
I’m glad I’m not the only one who used that exact logic to justify buying that set lol
Is there a big difference is sound quality between this set and the 2012 release? I know one of the selling points is the Esher demos, but I bought the cd box set, and I own the 2012 LPs, so I’d only buy the 4-LP set if there was a big difference in the proper album itself.

Is there a big difference is sound quality between this set and the 2012 release? I know one of the selling points is the Esher demos, but I bought the cd box set, and I own the 2012 LPs, so I’d only buy the 4-LP set if there was a big difference in the proper album itself.

Not sure, I don’t have the 2012 release which made it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this

Beatles White Album Anniversary 4LP Edition - AMAZON $39 (USED)

I heard from others that they bought this "used" from Amazon Warehouse, and it arrived brand new sealed - so I took a chance.

Just confirming that mine just arrived and is perfect. They seem to load these occasionally in the Warehouse Deals - I'd only buy the ones that don't have descriptions (missing cover, etc.)

View attachment 880
How does this compare to the 2012 LP, besides the Esher demos?

How does this compare to the 2012 LP, besides the Esher demos?
It's a different mix.
All the new ‘White Album’ releases include Martin’s new stereo album mix, sourced directly from the original four-track and eight-track session tapes. Martin’s new mix is guided by the album’s original stereo mix produced by his father, George Martin. “In remixing ‘The White Album,’ we’ve tried to bring you as close as possible to The Beatles in the studio,” explains Giles Martin in his written introduction for the new edition. “We’ve peeled back the layers of the ‘Glass Onion’ with the hope of immersing old and new listeners into one of the most diverse and inspiring albums ever made."

Apparently in this case sourced still means it was cut from digital though if you didn't see our discussion in the AAA thread. Just FYI, not a comment on quality.

Kind of a weird blurb though. Why do a new mix using guidance from the old mix? :unsure:

You made some good choices! BTW, there are some fantastic YouTube videos of his tour from the period recorded for the live album. Here is one of Cypress Avenue, which, in my opinion, may surpass the studio version. I could try to explain how, but just watch for yourself.

That video is amazing! It is extremely obvious that I need to dive deeper into some Van Morrison...

That video is amazing! It is extremely obvious that I need to dive deeper into some Van Morrison...

The CD boxset of It’s Too Late To Stop Now Vol 2-4 has a bonus DVD with this and other killer performances. I had a bootleg video of it for years but the DVD is so much clearer. I know it’s not on vinyl but a worthwhile purchase

Back