Online Vinyl Deals

Was that on Amazon? Crikey!
Indeed. Ordered yesterday arrived today.
What condition did it list? I just grabbed an Amazon Warehouse Used Very Good for $40.71. Hoping for the best
It said Condition: Used - Very Good - Item may come repackaged.

Came as if it were purchased from the band directly. Even came in proper boxset packaging.

Heres more a request, perhaps i should have considered where to post this....
Ive got two Van Morrison Records. Astral Weeks and Veedon Fleece, but theres a load more hidden gems. So any recommendations, also deals can be posted. A little backwards for the thread but hey......

Looks like mine said "item may come repackaged" as well.
I bit the bullet. There was one listed as very good warehouse deal at $40 still available. This is the version with the Esher Demos and I think a half speed remaster. I am good with that. Hopefully it’s just something minor. I had good luck recently when I got a warehouse deal on Beggars Banquet reissue for like $24 it was perfectly fine.

I bit the bullet. There was one listed as very good warehouse deal at $40 still available. This is the version with the Esher Demos and I think a half speed remaster. I am good with that. Hopefully it’s just something minor. I had good luck recently when I got a warehouse deal on Beggars Banquet reissue for like $24 it was perfectly fine.
Same. For $40, I’ll take a flyer. Someone who didn’t know me would look at my collection and think I was really into the Beatles.

Ive got two Van Morrison Records. Astral Weeks and Veedon Fleece, but theres a load more hidden gems. So any recommendations, also deals can be posted. A little backwards for the thread but hey......
Van suffers from being too prolific. There are many that can’t be missed, many more that are just alright, and it really depends on which Van phase you prefer:

His soul period, you really can’t go wrong. His stretch from Moondance to Saint Dominic’s Preview is fantastic. Start with Moondance, it’s seminal. His next, His Band and the Street Choir, is, IMO, just fine, but nothing Moondance didn’t do better (except Domino). Tupelo Honey he starts to stretch out into more mystical territory, which he perfected the blend on his next, Saint Dominic’s Preview. If you want just a nice summation of this period, get Moondance and It’s Too Late to Stop Now, one of the best live albums ever recorded. Hell, start with the live set, it’s the Van Morrison album that gets the most play from me.

His next stretch of albums was a little more iffy. Veedon Fleece you already own. The next truly great Van album he released is Into the Music, and it’s a stunner. A couple of the songs on the first side have a bit of an Irish feel to them, and it’s great, but the second side is transcendental from start to finish. Wavelength is alright, but gets a lot of props too.

After Into the Music, released some more albums (No Guru No Method No Teacher is the best of them), until he released Avalon Sunset in 1989. More on the lush side, Avalon Sunset contains Have I Told You Lately, which Rod Stewart covered (though Van’s is 1000x superior). Enlightenment he released next, and it’s every bit as good as Avalon Sunset.

In my opinion, the rest of his albums after Enlightenment haven’t done much for me, like I said, he is far too prolific. Hell, he released what, 3 albums in the last 2 years?

Hope this helps some!

Moondance is probably still my favorite and has my favorite overall Van song, "And It Stoned Me"...

This isn't a vinyl deal but I do need some help. I have a chance to get the Pinkerton 4LP set for 50. I was wanting to try and get the VMP Pinkerton release but for about 20 more dollars I can get this 4LP set which seems to be sorta rare I guess.

What do you all think?

This isn't a vinyl deal but I do need some help. I have a chance to get the Pinkerton 4LP set for 50. I was wanting to try and get the VMP Pinkerton release but for about 20 more dollars I can get this 4LP set which seems to be sorta rare I guess.

What do you all think?
I’d go the 4xLP if it’s me. You don’t see that as often. Pinkerton pops up all the time and there’s also the MoFi option later if you want it.

is the 4xLP a good pressing? I have been thinking about picking it up when I have money
If quality of pressing is your only mark, MoFi wins. But given the packaging, extras, etc. and the (lack of) availability of the 4xLP, the set scores big in presentation. Depends if you mind owning multiple copies of things. If you only own one? MoFi. Otherwise I’d do both.

If quality of pressing is your only mark, MoFi wins. But given the packaging, extras, etc. and the (lack of) availability of the 4xLP, the set scores big in presentation. Depends if you mind owning multiple copies of things. If you only own one? MoFi. Otherwise I’d do both.

Kind of what I thought, I technically own a MoFi one

Back