Online Vinyl Deals

Only thing I really need is Outkast-ATLiens to complete my outkast discography, but it seems like Target is only selling the picture disc. Does anyone have any comments on how good (or bad) this pressing is?

Also debating the Evangelion Finally preorder but don’t realistically know how much I’ll end up listening to it.

Ah, the life of an impulsive collector.
I just grabbed ATLiens from some where on a deal. Let me see if I can track down where I got it.

I got 2 PJ Harvey and the Dexter Gordon TP. All were on my wish list, so pretty happy about it. They didn’t have Is This Desire? though, so I will have to grab that somewhere else. I was hoping they would have the expensive After The Gold Rush, but no luck.
I ended up with two copies of Is This Desire? Hit me up and we can work something out.

Yes, I have the 2016-17 pressings of StS, Low, AS, and all of them are excellent. Target has Scary Monsters too, that album is excellent. Some have said the Ziggy is a digital version repressed in 2020...
Since I don't own any Bowie albums, it looks like I can get: Heroes, Station to Station, Low, Aladdin Sane, Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust for $64 plus tax. I feel like I read somewhere that the widely available Bowie pressings are decent, right? I feel like the price is too good to pass up.

Looks like they don't have Hunky Dory or Blackstar in stock.
Scary Monsters is definitely worth your consideration!

Only thing I really need is Outkast-ATLiens to complete my outkast discography, but it seems like Target is only selling the picture disc. Does anyone have any comments on how good (or bad) this pressing is?

Also debating the Evangelion Finally preorder but don’t realistically know how much I’ll end up listening to it.

Ah, the life of an impulsive collector.

Got this version at deep discount. Sounds good, guessing better than the picture disc.

amazon deal is now also live. don't think they do the cancel trick though...also nowhere near as good now that i look through it...but it may get populated over the next day or so.

amazon deal is now also live. don't think they do the cancel trick though...also nowhere near as good now that i look through it...but it may get populated over the next day or so.
You cannot cancel an item, otherwise you lose the discount. And if one item has shipped, you cannot cancel at all

Damn, was hoping they'd include the 2 new Sabbath re-issues with there sale since Target doesn't have them for some reason. If anyone notices them added during this next week as part of either sale i'd really appreciate a heads up! Thanks for that link though, was waiting on it.

giphy.gif

I just move items to "save for later" then add the ones back into my cart 3 at a time in similar price ranges. Otherwise you'll get hit with a big temporary CC hold/charge.
Same here. Scoped it all out in advance of the sale; placed the "to be cancelled" items in the Save for Later folder along with the "to be purchased" stuff except for set to be purchased first. Takes a bit of time (and thought!), but sure lends efficiency to go-time. :D

Damn, was hoping they'd include the 2 new Sabbath re-issues with there sale since Target doesn't have them for some reason. If anyone notices them added during this next week as part of either sale i'd really appreciate a heads up! Thanks for that link though, was waiting on it.
Yea-- they seem to be missing those and some Blue Notes. If I see any will tag ya!

You cannot cancel an item, otherwise you lose the discount. And if one item has shipped, you cannot cancel at all
Seems really dumb, like they’re just begging to have a bunch of stuff returned to you with “mild cosmetic damage”

Does anyone know any pressing details or general info about this Verve Christmas set? Various Artists - Verve Wishes You (Vinyl)

I already have the Ella Fitzgerald, but it looks like the Jimmy Smith record has the same track listing but just alternative cover art as "Christmas Cookin'" which is kind of hard to find in the US. It seems like a nicely balanced set of christmas albums with one vocal record (Ella), one organ record (Jimmy), one guitar record (Kenny), and one piano record (Ramsey). Not bad for $40-ish with the deal.

EDIT: tagging @NateOEB for the Jimmy Smith record

Does anyone know any pressing details or general info about this Verve Christmas set? Various Artists - Verve Wishes You (Vinyl)

I already have the Ella Fitzgerald, but it looks like the Jimmy Smith record has the same track listing but just alternative cover art as "Christmas Cookin'" which is kind of hard to find in the US. It seems like a nicely balanced set of christmas albums with one vocal record (Ella), one organ record (Jimmy), one guitar record (Kenny), and one piano record (Ramsey). Not bad for $40-ish with the deal.

EDIT: tagging @NateOEB for the Jimmy Smith record
That's the original title/cover. Not sure with crazy prices lately, but I got a sealed original RVG a few years ago for $12 on eBay. Great Christmas album.

Last edited:
Back