Online Vinyl Deals

So do all of these creatively articulated emails addresses lead to your account somehow? Put another way, do you actually ever receive the relevant confirmation (and perhaps subsequent) emails?

Both the period trick and the one I said above still comes to the original email. Try with a free album and check it out.

I've done it more times over the last 4 or so days then any 1 man should and I just tried it again and it's still working. You can't use the same period placement twice which is maybe your problem? Another gmail trick is to add a + with some numbers. Like this...

Goodbyemonies@gmail.com < actual address
Goodbyemonies+666@gmail.com << Money pit trick

You can add any numbers you want after +

I will say like Mr. gregathon mentioned, going into incognito isn't a bad idea as that's what I do to avoid having to logout of my main account.
Awesome never heard this one before :)

So do all of these creatively articulated emails addresses lead to your account somehow? Put another way, do you actually ever receive the relevant confirmation (and perhaps subsequent) emails?

Its specific to Gmail, but yah a period anywhere or not at all is all the same to them.

You do, and it's also a good way to filter out junk mail or see who is selling your email address. I have one version that I use when I'm pretty sure it'll just lead to a bunch of unwanted inbox crap, and I have a filter set to put all messages sent to that address directly into my junk folder.

I've done it more times over the last 4 or so days then any 1 man should and I just tried it again and it's still working. You can't use the same period placement twice which is maybe your problem? Another gmail trick is to add a + with some numbers. Like this...

Goodbyemonies@gmail.com < actual address
Goodbyemonies+666@gmail.com << Money pit trick

You can add any numbers you want after +

I will say like Mr. gregathon mentioned, going into incognito isn't a bad idea as that's what I do to avoid having to logout of my main account.

Same here. I am quite easy to convince apparently when I can get Blue Note albums for under $10...

You do, and it's also a good way to filter out junk mail or see who is selling your email address. I have one version that I use when I'm pretty sure it'll just lead to a bunch of unwanted inbox crap, and I have a filter set to put all messages sent to that address directly into my junk folder.
Thats brilliant.

Retitle this thread "Online Vinyl Deals and Life Hacks"

Thats brilliant.

Retitle this thread "Online Vinyl Deals and Life Hacks"

To be fair, I use a plus sign, but I think the general idea is the same...

"By simply adding a + to the end of your username (but before the "@") you can create infinite variations of your Gmail address. For example, username+junkmail @ gmail . com will direct email to your main address without giving it away to spammers. You can then filter messages containing "username+junkmail" into your junk or trash folder so you never have to be bothered to delete them again."

could you please give more examples of "infinite variations" i don't understand that part?

you can put a plus sign after your username, but before the @, and type pretty much anything there, and it'll still go to your email. And it's the fact that you can type pretty much whatever you want there that makes it "infinite" (though I'm sure it's not actually infinite, since I'm guessing there's a character limit).

So I have username+junk that I use for throwaway accounts. And at one point I used to do username+website whenever I signed up for a new account somewhere, so that if I start getting a bunch of spam, I could look and see what site was responsible for passing my info around. But that was a lot of work for not much payoff, so I stopped doing that.

Maybe i've just been spoiled lately with other sales but i'm not seeing anything that really jumps at me which is a good thing for my wallet I guess.

I did notice the 4lp deluxe of Deftones White Pony is $54 which would drop it to mid $30's after the discount which i'm pretty sure is massively cheaper then anywhere else for people looking to grab it!

Everyone in on another round of the Target B2G1- i know you are focused on music but remember you can get the upcoming LOTR 4k box set for about $60 shipped with this deal

Back