Online Vinyl Deals

The Deagostini jazz bundles are back on sale at Zavvi. This time for £50 instead of £30. Still a decent price but duplicates could be an issue if you have a lot.
So are these just being sold to get ahead of the new Blue Note Classics series? How are these in comparison to the current Tone Poets? I'm guessing the classic series will be somewhat similar to that quality of a listen. Not sure I need all these if I'm going for the Classics series.

no. thats really old stock Matt. these were released with magazines at news stands in the uk or as some kind of sub. they are old. way better than BN75 but not Tonepoet quality.
they are really solid for the price.
i think deagostini found in Zavi a huge taker for their leftovers.

no. thats really old stock Matt. these were released with magazines at news stands in the uk or as some kind of sub. they are old. way better than BN75 but not Tonepoet quality.
they are really solid for the price.
i think deagostini found in Zavi a huge taker for their leftovers.
OK, I'm pretty tempted. Guess it just depends if I want to wait, or if the PIF thread may blow up as the others come in :)

OK, I'm pretty tempted. Guess it just depends if I want to wait, or if the PIF thread may blow up as the others come in :)

I'm tempted too. I missed it at the lower price but I'm still seeing it at 59.99 for 10 albums. Still a sweet deal. I have a decent amount of jazz albums so I guess there's a chance I'll get something I already have....I guess I'll PIF or hit up the trade thread.

Terry Callier, What Color Is Love - used the $10 off coupon. This is a classic!

I just got this with my recent order and it's great 👌🔥

Hard to say no to a record for 2 bucks...

Great album cover

I picked up a copy at my local several years back and it is indeed 🔥🔥🔥

Terry Callier - Dancing Girl is a masterpiece one of my all time favorite songs album is a classic indeed.

how does the gmail . trick work when you've already used a promo code? could somebody give me a example it didn't work for me.

how does the gmail . trick work when you've already used a promo code? could somebody give me a example it didn't work for me.
for most websites the following end up registering as unique email addresses:

needles.grooves @ gmail.com
nee.dlesgrooves @ gmail.com
n.eedlesgrooves @ gmail.com

but should all go to the same gmail inbox

I did 3 different purchases earlier in the week providing same address and phone. paid with PayPal and it worked.

Last edited:
for most websites the following end up registering as unique email addresses:

needles.grooves @ gmail.com
nee.dlesgrooves @ gmail.com
n.eedlesgrooves @ gmail.com

but should all go to the same gmail inbox

I did 3 different purchases earlier in the week providing same address and phone. paid with PayPal and it worked.
same way i tried it twice a no go for me.

same way i tried it twice a no go for me.
yeah it would totally behoove them to close this loophole - However, I just took a record all the way to the payment page with a $10 off coupon (didn't press "pay now" though). Perhaps try in incognito mode on another browser? Different payment method?

yeah it would totally behoove them to close this loophole - However, I just took a record all the way to the payment page with a $10 off coupon (didn't press "pay now" though). Perhaps try in incognito mode on another browser? Different payment method?
yeah it let me go to the payment page but when i try to pay with PP gives me internal on the site when i actually try to make payment.

yeah it let me go to the payment page but when i try to pay with PP gives me internal on the site when i actually try to make payment.

I've done it more times over the last 4 or so days then any 1 man should and I just tried it again and it's still working. You can't use the same period placement twice which is maybe your problem? Another gmail trick is to add a + with some numbers. Like this...

Goodbyemonies@gmail.com < actual address
Goodbyemonies+666@gmail.com << Money pit trick

You can add any numbers you want after +

I will say like Mr. gregathon mentioned, going into incognito isn't a bad idea as that's what I do to avoid having to logout of my main account.

I've done it more times over the last 4 or so days then any 1 man should and I just tried it again and it's still working. You can't use the same period placement twice which is maybe your problem? Another gmail trick is to add a + with some numbers. Like this...

Goodbyemonies@gmail.com < actual address
Goodbyemonies+666@gmail.com << Money pit trick

You can add any numbers you want after +

I will say like Mr. gregathon mentioned, going into incognito isn't a bad idea as that's what I do to avoid having to logout of my main account.
So do all of these creatively articulated emails addresses lead to your account somehow? Put another way, do you actually ever receive the relevant confirmation (and perhaps subsequent) emails?

Back