Online Vinyl Deals

One of the most challenging parts of some of these bigger sales (apart from staying away from them!) is finding stuff that's both worth buying and a good deal. No doubt both of those are subjective, but I thought I'd share that The Velvet Underground's Matrix Tapes Box Set can be purchased for $112 at Udiscover:
That's $14 per LP.

It's worth every penny.

I scored one a couple years ago from France for $90 shipped. It arrived looking like this. Thru some divine intervention, it was unscathed.

20190807_180540.jpg20190807_180455.jpg

One of the most challenging parts of some of these bigger sales (apart from staying away from them!) is finding stuff that's both worth buying and a good deal. No doubt both of those are subjective, but I thought I'd share that The Velvet Underground's Matrix Tapes Box Set can be purchased for $112 at Udiscover:
That's $14 per LP.
FYI, I got this and it arrived in the mail yesterday.

The good: music is amazing and they did a great job cleaning up the sound, presumably from the original tapes. I think this may match the ORG releases (as v. 1 and v. 2 selection) or actually best it but withholding judgement because I haven't had a chance to listen to all the LPs yet.

The bad: inner-sleeves are problematic thin pieces of cardboard. Many of them did not even have glued seams. Others have start of seam splits on bottom due to heavy LPs shifting around in transit. This, then, caused several of the LPs to have paper dust and debris on them. Also, so far two of the LPs have a slight warp. DNAP, but still, this is an expensive box set (even with the discount). I may contact their customer service to see about options.

FYI, I got this and it arrived in the mail yesterday.

The good: music is amazing and they did a great job cleaning up the sound, presumably from the original tapes. I think this may match the ORG releases (as v. 1 and v. 2 selection) or actually best it but withholding judgement because I haven't had a chance to listen to all the LPs yet.

The bad: inner-sleeves are problematic thin pieces of cardboard. Many of them did not even have glued seams. Others have start of seam splits on bottom due to heavy LPs shifting around in transit. This, then, caused several of the LPs to have paper dust and debris on them. Also, so far two of the LPs have a slight warp. DNAP, but still, this is an expensive box set (even with the discount). I may contact their customer service to see about options.
Hmmm, that sounds like quite the mixed bag. Thanks for the info and good luck with customer service. Unfortunate that they would skimp on the inner sleeves as you've described.

Cross-post from Neil Young thread:

Looks like Neil Young's After the Goldrush 50th anniversary package is now available at Target, and part of the Buy-2-Get-2-Free sale. That means you could get it for about $59 if you were so inclined.

I have been trying to figure out (with very little effort) what exactly this is that warrants the really expensive price tag...it's a 1LP and a 7" and that's it right?
Yeah, and a supposedly limited lithograph print, and a newly designed album jacket more in line with the artist's original intentions. Definitely agree the price makes no sense.

Yeah, and a supposedly limited lithograph print, and a newly designed album jacket more in line with the artist's original intentions. Definitely agree the price makes no sense.
Seems crazy to me for $100 MSRP for a 1LP! I guess litho is cool if you're a huge fan? But I love this album and don't have a great pressing and don't find myself wanting to spend even the $65 on it.

Seems crazy to me for $100 MSRP for a 1LP! I guess litho is cool if you're a huge fan? But I love this album and don't have a great pressing and don't find myself wanting to spend even the $65 on it.
I hear you. Definitely not for me. But for anyone who might be on the fence at full retail, the Target option could be a good one.

Received my copy today...not signed...but I lucked out with a very slight wobble. Doesn't affect playback and can easily be fixed with a vinyl flat.
NOS of Big Head Todd & The Monsters first album, Another Mayberry, for only $8 direct from the band, likely warped but maybe signed

Couldn't be more pleased with how this turned out.
Received mine yesterday.

Came sealed.
Very slight ring wear on on the cover.

1604883453504.png

And a slight wobble...but it plays GREAT!
Never thought I'd get an OG of this gem in my collection.
Thanks @dansomeone

1604883759887.png
1604883789234.png

They've applied a $1 to £1 ratio for the UK. Its £106 over here. Wankers!

Just discovered that ClearBags is having a site-wide sale on all bags and boxes. 10% off with code GOBBLE (or LYRIC10).
I order the BLP1NF from them for my single LPs and I like them a lot. (I order slightly larger Sleeve City sleeves from Amazon for gatefolds.)

It's not much of a discount, but every little bit...

20% discount on Modulor shop with the discount code WINTER2020.

Some good stuff to be found :

Just discovered that ClearBags is having a site-wide sale on all bags and boxes. 10% off with code GOBBLE (or LYRIC10).
I order the BLP1NF from them for my single LPs and I like them a lot. (I order slightly larger Sleeve City sleeves from Amazon for gatefolds.)

It's not much of a discount, but every little bit...
Thanks. I always stock up at Newbury Comics when they do their storewide sales. Very few opportunities to get vinyl supplies at a discount!

Back