Online Vinyl Deals

My family lives in Livingston and I bought my first records at Scottis a few years ago! What a small world, looking back they had great selections for a small little store

Scotti's is a nice option for a quick crate dig or looking to pick up the new Indie Variant of a new release.
But Vintage Vinyl in Fords (30min South) or the Princeton Record Exchange (~1hr South) are the Gold Standard.

It’s not limited, so they are having more pressed and won’t have them till August?

yeah- I’m just frustrated because I paid $24.49 for it in March during their 30% off sale. Cornbread is sold out now on the Blue Note store, but is still available for $34.98 in the udiscover store (both owned by UMG). If I take the refund, I wouldn’t have enough to buy a new copy of the album I already paid for. And it seems unreasonable to expect me to wait this long for an album that wasn’t marketed as a preorder when I paid for it (-and it’s definitely not a rare or limited press). I feel like they should be offering me something beyond the option to wait another month and a half or take a sale price refund that won’t even cover the cost of the record once it’s available again (unless it’s also on sale for 30% off again).

yeah- I’m just frustrated because I paid $24.49 for it in March during their 30% off sale. Cornbread is sold out now on the Blue Note store, but is still available for $34.98 in the udiscover store (both owned by UMG). If I take the refund, I wouldn’t have enough to buy a new copy of the album I already paid for. And it seems unreasonable to expect me to wait this long for an album that wasn’t marketed as a preorder when I paid for it (-and it’s definitely not a rare or limited press). I feel like they should be offering me something beyond the option to wait another month and a half or take a sale price refund that won’t even cover the cost of the record once it’s available again (unless it’s also on sale for 30% off again).

Was recorded in 1965. You've waited this long... :) It's a bummer, but (apparently) such is the nature of these sales. Not sure why this particular album would be on backorder, but I guess you've laid out your choices--either you wait, or you pay more.

I had the same issue when I had a larger order that was just waiting for Cornbread. I ended up cancelling just it so I could have everything else delivered. I've found it has to be a really good sale with them, and I have to be patient because it could take a while. Also, the responding to emails a day or two after you send one every time can really stretch out the customer service.

Disappointing. This is why I never buy direct from major labels anymore. They are set up for large-scale distribution but always seem to screw up my small orders and their CS is pretty much non-existent

Back