Online Vinyl Deals

NIN for cheap at Merchbar

Just a word of warning on the NIN vinyl. Lots of pressing issues with the remaster of Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral. I went through two of each that had the same noise and crackle on the same tracks in the same places on all discs.

Just a word of warning on the NIN vinyl. Lots of pressing issues with the remaster of Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral. I went through two of each that had the same noise and crackle on the same tracks in the same places on all discs.
My downward spiral is perfect. First try. I have the bicycle PHM and it is one I may upgrade one day.

Amazon has a buy 3 for the price of 2 promo. This takes you to the main page, but you can filter on vinyl.

Several of the older Tone Poet releases in there and the Fania All Stars remaster.

I ordered the 5 Tone Poets and Fania All Star's live album! Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting to add more Tone Poet records to my collection and, shipping included, I ended paying 10 to 15€ less than if I had bought in France :)

You may be referring to the noise in Hurt on TDS on the new remaster.from what I've read, on discogs and elsewhere, it may have been an intentional move by Reznor. Something in the mix?

You may be referring to the noise in Hurt on TDS on the new remaster.from what I've read, on discogs and elsewhere, it may have been an intentional move by Reznor. Something in the mix?
It's actually not Hurt, that one sounded correct to me. It's Ruiner and The Becoming that are covered in pops and static. I don't think there's any way that it's supposed to be there. The difference between artificial pops and that loud snapping pop you get with badly pressed vinyl is pretty big. It sounds like a worn stamper to me.

It's actually not Hurt, that one sounded correct to me. It's Ruiner and The Becoming that are covered in pops and static. I don't think there's any way that it's supposed to be there. The difference between artificial pops and that loud snapping pop you get with badly pressed vinyl is pretty big. It sounds like a worn stamper to me.
Ahh... I see. I'm gonna double check my copy tomorrow. Last I remember it was clean. Hope so at least.

Ahh... I see. I'm gonna double check my copy tomorrow. Last I remember it was clean. Hope so at least.
I'd have to check again but I think it's right channel crackle on those two, mainly The Becoming and A Warm Place on the next side. Actually... Now that I think of it I think the main one that was very noisy was A Warm Place. The digital version is clean. Is it possible Trent put a bunch of noise and static over them for the vinyl release? I guess, I mean I don't know why but I guess it's possible.

EDIT - And on PHM it's Something I Can Never Have that has pops and static all over it. It tends to be the quiet songs and from what I recall if you listen carefully you can hear it on the louder songs but it's hidden by the intensity of the other songs. I really don't think it's on purpose but anything's possible. Both copies I had, had exactly the same sounding noise on all the same songs...

Last edited:
Amazon has a buy 3 for the price of 2 promo. This takes you to the main page, but you can filter on vinyl.

Several of the older Tone Poet releases in there and the Fania All Stars remaster.
I grabbed a couple of BN80's and U2 Zooropa on Blue vinyl for $55 total. Thanks for the heads up!

all i see is option for free standard shipping, no option for free 2-day shipping?
Just checked my order and it looks like it depends on the items. Two of the LPs I ordered shipped with “2-day shipping” and the Fania All-Stars Live at yankee stadium shipped separately with “standard shipping”. Fwiw - they both arrived at the same time, just in two separate boxes. Both have the same return address in Indianapolis, so not sure what the difference was.

Back