Online Vinyl Deals

Have we had any major Alliance/Direct2You sales lately?

In the past, it seems like we've gotten some blowout deals toward the end of 1st quarter, but that milestone has already come and gone. Did I miss a major sale at some point over the past couple months?

DeepDiscount/InnerSleeve/ThriftBooks/CollectorsChoice/Oldies.com... they've all been unusually quiet lately, no?
Oldies had a sale because their distributor went out of business and had blowouts. With one less huge distributor, I bet there’s less pressure to have big blowout sales.

Bummer that they upped the prices as the sale went on. Had a couple $5 in the cart and prices were more when I went back.

Yeah - New West can suck one.

You don't start a sale, put all this stuff out there with a price attached and then jack prices up within 24 hours. They also grossly inflate shipping charges.

No wonder they're sitting on a bunch of stuff.

You don't start a sale, put all this stuff out there with a price attached and then jack prices up within 24 hours. They also grossly inflate shipping charges.

If only someone wrote a song about their relationship with New West.

Oh wait...

If New West charged reasonable shipping they'd sell so much more than they sell, even without the basement pricing. I think no fewer than three times I've gone in there, built a cart, then left it when I saw S&H.

If New West charged reasonable shipping they'd sell so much more than they sell, even without the basement pricing. I think no fewer than three times I've gone in there, built a cart, then left it when I saw S&H.
I didn’t realize New West runs ACL. So I guess they’ve got a side income. But that Ben Lee record was supposedly limited from RSD 8! years ago. So them pricing it at $5 made sense, but bumping back up to $8.10 made no sense.

Don't think I've seen this posted yet.

Jason Isbell - Southeastern 10-Year Anniversary Box Set
~$65 on Amazon

Buy 'em all up so I'm not tempted.
So I sat on the Isbell box set last month and watched the price jump back up to $80 for 5 weeks. It fell to $59 Monday, and I finally ordered. Today, I got a camelcamelcamel notification that it's now $55 on Amazon. Could go lower, but I believe this is as cheap as this set has been so far.
1713367481123.png

If only someone wrote a song about their relationship with New West.

Oh wait...

As bad as I despise New West I wish they would repress the DBT Greatest Hits and box set of Decoration Day like they did with The Dirty South. That is about the only thing I would buy from them anymore though. Their roster is fine but I don't generally order from their webstore.

As bad as I despise New West I wish they would repress the DBT Greatest Hits and box set of Decoration Day like they did with The Dirty South. That is about the only thing I would buy from them anymore though. Their roster is fine but I don't generally order from their webstore.
I think they own the Slobberbone / Drams recordings too. I'd like to see some of those get pressed / repressed beyond the greatest hits.

The Greatest Hits album is the only one I don't have and I would pick up a repress in a second (just not direct from the label) a deluxe Decoration Day would also be super cool. There are a few ACL releases I'd love to see pressed on wax, but again I would just buy them from elsewhere.

Back