Online Vinyl Deals

This confirms what many of you on this thread discussed recently: Popmarket to CCM.

Seems like the rebrand will be same shit, different site. And it doesn't answer my question as to why Popmarket/CCM/Deep Discount prices, even the closeout crate ones, have been much more expensive in the past six months. If Indie retailers rebelled and told them to stop undermining their prices, then I'm for it, even if it means there's really a lack of deals on these sites anymore.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 12.50.03 PM.png

This confirms what many of you on this thread discussed recently: Popmarket to CCM.

Seems like the rebrand will be same shit, different site. And it doesn't answer my question as to why Popmarket/CCM/Deep Discount prices, even the closeout crate ones, have been much more expensive in the past six months. If Indie retailers rebelled and told them to stop undermining their prices, then I'm for it, even if it means there's really a lack of deals on these sites anymore.

View attachment 199514
one big distributor went out of business, which is why i think we are seeing less deals overall at some of the bigger shops online. target and amazon no longer seem to discount stuff like the OJCs on preorder anymore as one example.

DD often bumps their prices up on the closeout stuff before having a sale.

one big distributor went out of business, which is why i think we are seeing less deals overall at some of the bigger shops online. target and amazon no longer seem to discount stuff like the OJCs on preorder anymore as one example.

DD often bumps their prices up on the closeout stuff before having a sale.
I’ve noticed this about Amazon and some of the brands. I’ve been suspicious that there is some kind of price-fixing arrangement, either illegal or somehow legal, bc of how uniform and consistent it has been, against the grain of normal Amazon pricing and discounts.

I’ve noticed this about Amazon and some of the brands. I’ve been suspicious that there is some kind of price-fixing arrangement, either illegal or somehow legal, bc of how uniform and consistent it has been, against the grain of normal Amazon pricing and discounts.
i think there's just less competition with distributors and wholesale pricing since that one big distributor closed shop back in December. wouldn't be shocked if amazon + target use the same music distributor now.

Back