Online Vinyl Deals

Now, this says clear version but I'm fairly certain it isn't. Does anyone smarter than me know any way to confirm my suspicions?

The Roots - Things Fall Apart [Deluxe 3 LP][Clear] - Amazon.com Music
Apropos of very little I preordered "The Tipping Point" from Amazon as it was initially listed as the translucent gold version. However, by the time it was shipped the listing had been altered to instead be the standard black version but being Amazon they woulda taken it back had I cared enough about the color to return it. I would assume it's gonna be the standard black and then be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be the clear version.

Now, this says clear version but I'm fairly certain it isn't. Does anyone smarter than me know any way to confirm my suspicions?

The Roots - Things Fall Apart [Deluxe 3 LP][Clear] - Amazon.com Music
The clear is available at other outlets around the same price so I don’t see why this wouldn't be the clear.

Bull Moose has it up for one The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Copy the UPC from the Bullmoose site and paste it into Amazon's search bar. It should take you to the right product. 👍

I had emailed cs at uDiscover as their pic showed black but write up clearly said “crystal clear” and initially they said it was black but later emailed me back and said they believe it to be clear so I went ahead ordered as I had 25% off.
I wish I could order from them, but the shipping to Canada doesn't really make it worth it...

I’m happy either way. I almost think black works better then clear with the cover but will take either
Yeah admittedly I'm generally afraid of clear vinyl because it can be noisy so I'm always apprehensive about it, but I'm also a sucker for anything perceived to be "limited". I am totally part of the problem.

Copy the UPC from the Bullmoose site and paste it into Amazon's search bar. It should take you to the right product. 👍
Yeah this is exactly what I did last night and it does take me to the Amazon one HOWEVER I can't find a UPC for the black version so I can't be sure it's correct yet haha FACK. It seems very odd that Amazon is only listing the clear version...

Yeah this is exactly what I did last night and it does take me to the Amazon one HOWEVER I can't find a UPC for the black version so I can't be sure it's correct yet haha FACK. It seems very odd that Amazon is only listing the clear version...
Do we know that a 3LP black version exists? I can only find the clear anywhere.

The black vinyl thumbnail could just be a lazy intern, or a graphic artist with no attention to detail - or one who was told to mock it up months ago before vinyl color was decided.

To be fair, someone higher up signed off on it... so there's that.

Last edited:
Yeah I've got images and listings for the black but no UPC code anywhere...

This is the image on Amazon that I get when I put in that "clear' UPC

View attachment 15304

Ugh. Amazon.ca is the worst for trying to figure out what version you are getting. UPC is usually the best way to go and then return it if it's wrong.

Just to add to the confusion, is it all the same cover art? I remember when Things Fall Apart first came out there were four different covers (and I got a promo t-shirt too), but now it seems to just be the civil rights photo.

EDIT: I didn't imagine it. There were five different CD covers (Civil Rights Riot, Bloody Ace, Burned Out Church, Crying Girl, and Baby in Rubble). Man, 90s limited ed. CD culture was the best.

Last edited:
Apropos of very little I preordered "The Tipping Point" from Amazon as it was initially listed as the translucent gold version. However, by the time it was shipped the listing had been altered to instead be the standard black version but being Amazon they woulda taken it back had I cared enough about the color to return it. I would assume it's gonna be the standard black and then be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be the clear version.
Speaking of The Tipping Point, it's dropped about 30% to $17 The Roots - The Tipping Point [LP] - Amazon.com Music

Back