October 2022 Vinyl Challenge: Chart Watcher's Edition

Day 21: “Unchained Melody”
play a record you have more than one copy of

George Benson - Breezin’
F9392102-98C5-451A-891F-F11351B97FA9.jpeg

Typically I don’t like to keep doubles of albums mainly because I don’t have the space. I do frequently upgrade when I can and this is a primary recent example. Over the summer I spent way too much time listening to Yacht Rock while sipping white wine spritzers and perfectly knotting the arms of my cable knit sweater over my Izod Polo (with a popped collar, of course). This meant, along with partaking in some of the finest cocaine Colombia had to offer; that I also listened to copious amounts of George Benson’s Breezin’. Thankfully I was able to find a decent copy for a single dollar at my local record store. This peasant copy was able to tide me over until I lucked into a PIF of the far superior MoFi pressing. I will likely be moving on from the Standard pressing but in the meantime here I am with two copies.

Last edited:

Sun Ra & His Solar Arkestra – The Magic City
20221021_165542.jpg

I usually pass along duplicates but in this instance I won't...

I was very thrilled to pick up an impulse! pressing of this one for a good price from a local cat a little over a year ago - he actually saw Sun Ra here way back when and it was cool to hear him tell of the experience. A few months ago I picked up the Cosmic Myth Records "Definitive Remastered and Expanded Stereo Version" as well since I have every other one of their reissues and this one comes with some bonus material. I haven't actually spun it until now, though - so this is a great excuse!

play a record you have more than one copy of

New Order "Power Corruption & Lies" (1983 Factory, Canadian pressing)
I have a few copies of this one. Pulled one out of the box I'm eventually bringing to my local, but the other two are staying for now. Two of these are original Canadian pressings. I ended up getting a second copy because I wanted a clean one and I love the mastering so much. The one I'm spinning is the keeper. The third is the deluxe box reissue. Mastering pales in comparison, but the set itself is pretty cool.

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

Back