October 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: Let's Get Lexical, Lexical

Fusty - (adj.) smelling stale, damp, or stuffy; old-fashioned attitude or style

image.jpg
Haiving a wet day in family boardgame day. (Currently cluedo) Just about Managed to escape the inevitable “Risk“ shenanigans of cheating / protests etc 😂
Anyhow this is my youngests choice (taking turns). And Im using it here as the antithesis of the subject today. Unless Taylor smells stale damp or stuffy ?

Last edited:
17. Fusty - (adj.) smelling stale, damp, or stuffy; old-fashioned attitude or style

Johnny Cash - The Sound of Johnny Cash

A friend's mother passed last year and she offered to me whatever albums from her collection that I wanted to take. The entire collection was fairly fusty, but there were a few I took anyway. A couple of them cleaned up pretty well, like this one.

jc.jpeg

17. Fusty - (adj.) smelling stale, damp, or stuffy; old-fashioned attitude or style

Sleater-Kinney - The Woods

The song "Entertain" is a righteous excoriation of the then-current bumper crop of retro-hipster bands with fusty sounds and styles.

20200724_161010_hdr-jpg.58266

Day 16. Meliorism - (n.) a belief that the world can be made better by human effort

After the past two years, the opening lyrics of this album definitely hit the mark.

Two scientists are racing for the good of all mankind
Both of them side-by-side, so determined
Locked in heated battle for the cure that is their prize
But it's so dangerous, but they're determined

Flaming Lips ~ The Soft Bulletin

1634573383318.png

Old and in the way, that's what I heard them say
They used to heed the words he said, but that was yesterday
Gold will turn to gray and youth will fade away
They'll never care about you, call you old and in the way

Old & In the Way

1634576944539.png

16. Meliorism - (n.) a belief that the world can be made better by human effort

USA For Africa - We Are The World

20211018_153536.jpg

***LOW HANGING FRUIT ALERT!!!***

Couldn't resist busting this one out.

A pick-up for practically pennies in my local's bargain bin back when I received an additional discount for working on the same block. Only really nabbed it for the Prince and Springsteen tracks, and maybe lowkey the Huey Lewis & The News cut too.

View attachment 115201

A pick-up for practically pennies in my local's bargain bin back when I received an additional discount for working on the same block. Only really nabbed it for the Prince and Springsteen tracks, and maybe lowkey the Huey Lewis & The News cut too.

It looks like Sidney Crosby on the bottom left. I guess it's a weird angle of Paul Simon?

View attachment 115201

Well worth it for that version of Trapped alone!

Thelonious Monk - The Unique Thelonious Monk

20211018_172742.jpg

The fustiest record I own. Found it in a dark corner a stereo and record shop in the seedy part of the city where my folks live. Their jazz selection was otherwise very boring, safe and white which made this musty '66 mono pressing an extra sweet treasure to dig up.

Back