October 2020 Challenge Thread: Let’s Get Weird

Day 02: Friday Fun
Spin something that reminds of the best day of week.
Khruangbin - Con Todo El Mundo
B3C5051D-B13B-4BC2-AF4D-D1FE34EAA8E1.jpeg
Like a few others have stated on here I don’t have a “normal” schedule I work 4 ten hour shifts a week an Friday is very rarely my “Friday”. That being said, aI have never been able to shake that TGIF feeling even when I have to work early the next day.

Day 01: Sweater Weather
The days are getting shorter the leaves are changing colors, spin something that reminds you of Autumn

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

View attachment 68625
Don't think I've ever listened to this album, but being from Chicago, I feel like I know this album cover more than any other lol

Day 1: Sweater Weather

I don’t think the music is necessarily Autumn music but the cover is nice and cozy. Plus I’ll post this band any chance I get.

fIREHOSE- Flyin’ The FlannelView attachment 68555

I worked at a bar in college, and we'd book fIREHOSE as often as we could. Those were some fun shows!

I'm late by a day, but I will join the fray.

Day 01: Sweater Weather

Marissa Nadler - Strangers

Marissa herself has stated several times that autumn/fall is her favorite season of the year. Her voice is akin to a spirit of a generation long past. Song titles like "Hungry is the Ghost" and "All the Colors of the Dark" pair succinctly with this theme.

20201002_120950.jpg

Last edited:
Day 02: Friday Fun

Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West

Seeing that Friday is actually the beginning of my workweek, I have selected a record that channels the opposite sentiment of what most people will select for today's theme. Every song here conveys a different (but related) aspect of the feeling of being an hourly wage zombie! "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine" is the alarm clock that initiates the struggle.

16016685949207124920677708877032.jpg

Back