November 2022 Challenge Thread: The TV Guide Challenge

Tuesday November 29th
8:00 PM ⓭ FOX Arrested Development

I know next-to-nothing about the show, but as I was looking through the character list I saw there was a character named George Michael and I couldn’t resist…

George Michael - Father Figure

View attachment 159436

Yeah, the same idea @ranbalam had…
“Father Figure” works too, a lot of the shows humor is derived from the family dynamics, particularly father/son relationships.

Tuesday November 29
Play an album that relates to Arrested Development (Bananas, Prison, Magic, Boats, Cousins, War, Seals, Korea, Liza Minelli, missing body parts, little Britian, etc, etc, etc.)

Arrested Development - 3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the Life Of...

IMG_8294.jpg

I can't believe no one beat me to this! That's ok, I need some Mr Wendal in my Tuesday.

12:30 AM ④ PUBLIC ACCESS Squirt TV
OK Vancouver OK – Black Part Of Light
20221129_193225.jpg

Ok Vancouver Ok is a Canadian indie rock band formed in Vancouver B.C. in 2004. Described as "anti-capitalist indie music with an environmental message". Do-it-together. DIY. Integrating elements of punk, lo-fi, funk, pop, post punk, folk rock, and avant-garde ideas.
I actually had this record a few years before I had my record player - the drummer, Laura House, came by the burrito place I was sous chef at a few times on a tour the band was doing of the islands. We had a couple of nice chats and the last time she came by she popped back in after taking their food to the van and gave me this record - it's a far cry from anything else on my shelf, but comes with nice memories!

.......:::::::::::::::::::::.......

7:58 AM ㉘ TWC Your Local Weather
Humphrey & The Dumptrucks – Hot Spit!
20221129_193505.jpg

Kicks off with "Another Storm."

Tuesday November 29

81DE281E-0C10-4DF1-A07F-18CAAA8F214C.jpeg

Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

Today was sorta tough because both Malcolm and Arrested Development are two of my favorite shows of all time, but AD’s first 3 seasons are literal perfection so I went with that! And then picking a reference was also a routine and I had a lot of good thoughts (Liza’s Cabaret and Tina Turner) but I decided to go with the one joke that I actually like from season 4

Tuesday November 29
Play an album that relates to Arrested Development (Bananas, Prison, Magic, Boats, Cousins, War, Seals, Korea, Liza Minelli, missing body parts, little Britian, etc, etc, etc.)

Joni Mitchell ~ Blue

View attachment 159406

A few years ago I went as Tobias for Halloween and it’s one of my proudest moments. The host of the party was not thrilled with all the blue hand prints I ended up leaving around lol

C62EFEE6-2F06-4B85-83D7-6FC8277984F6.jpeg

Tuesday November 29

Play an album that relates to Arrested Development (Bananas, Prison, Magic, Boats, Cousins, War, Seals, Korea, Liza Minelli, missing body parts, little Britain, etc, etc, etc.)

1669792470875.png

8:30 PM ⓭ FOX Malcom In The Middle

Play an album from the 2000s OR features a Child Prodigy OR features They Might Be Giants

At the age of 16, this was Stevie's 6th album.

1669793703089.png

Friday November 25, 2000
7:00 PM ❺ NBC Freaks & Geeks
Freaks and Geeks - Intro
Play something that was a little freaky and/or geeking that you enjoyed in High School

It was pretty freaky for the small town high school I went to. We brought skateboarding to the small town...they didn't know what to do with us "City Kids".

Operation Ivy – Energy
Hellcat Records – 86893-1, 1989/2010

Cut by Jason Ward at Chicago Mastering Service

3aOkzd.jpg

08cZRb.jpg

7:30 PM ⓭ Fox Undeclared
UNDECLARED - Episode 1 Pilot - (sub español)
Play an artist you discovered when you were in college/after moved away from home

One my my first roommates in college was a big "Classic Rock" fan. He got me listening to a lot of Jethro Tull, soon after I had to move back in w/ the parents for a bit I began my Jethro Tull collecting, this was probably '97/'98.

Jethro Tull – Aqualung
Chrysalis – 509998799616, 1971/2011

Steven Wilson stereo mix

Pressed at Optimal

tjbve7.jpg

FHEhl9.jpg

Oh...and I love both Freaks And Geeks and Undeclared.

20221130_011518.jpg

There is a pdf of everything that is in the special yearbook DVD set here -

4:00 PM ❼ ABC American Bandstand - it's like the $25,000 pyramid with dancing..
AND
4:00 PM ❾ WGN Soul Train - Peace, Love and Soul
PXL_20221130_123547495.jpg

Buddy Holly and The Crickets "The Buddy Holly Story" - look he's on the list and I have a clip marked American Bandstand so I'm going with it! It's the end of the month cut me some slack!!! I had to use one of my wife's records for this...ok I actually really like Buddy Holly might have a lot to do with having parents of a certain age that never gave up control of the radio on long car trips and having a "golden oldies" station... That's now sports talk radio...

AND
Curtis Mayfield "Roots" - the best!!! This is a really interesting back to back but I love it coming and going!! This has been an awesome month, I can't believe I made it to the end!!

The first one was too good not to share!

Thanks to @TenderLovingKiller® for all the TV memories and everyone that spun music this month, this place is just a wonderful community where every day you can find your new favorite band and you don't even need to look that hard!! Bring on December!!

Back