November 2022 Challenge Thread: The TV Guide Challenge

Wednesday November 30
4:00 PM ❾ WGN Soul Train
Play an artist featured on Soul Train (Bonus points if you include a clip)

Bill Withers - Still Bill

View attachment 159590

I'm not sure there's any more perfect a way to end this awesome challenge than to play some Bill Withers. Thanks to @TenderLovingKiller® for the awesome themed month!

I appreciate you taking part TVHam! It was fun to put together!

Wednesday November 30

The S.O.S. Band - The S.O.S. Band

4AC979A3-A9CC-432B-ADBE-ECB74A2DB51F.jpeg

You know I’m going to play this record (and clip) whenever I am given the chance

Thank you, @TenderLovingKiller® , awesome work! Lot of fun for a TV junkie (especially the 90s-era stuff) like me

4:00 PM ❼ ABC American Bandstand
Sheila E. – Sheila E
20221130_181538.jpg

Like @Turbo I had trouble finding a performance video but I have an interview clip to include. This album came out a couple of years after the fact, and I do have the two which precede it, but I hadn't spun this one yet so it got the play for today.

.......:::::::::::::::::::::.......

Mavis Staples – Time Waits For No One
20221130_182108.jpg

A big heck yes to @Matt M for also spinning some Mavis for this - she was an obvious and immediate choice for me for this one, but I wanted to keep it Paisley Park on both channels today so I'll play this album from 20 years later, and drop in a trip through the way back machine with this clip of The Staple Singers' Soul Train performance of a Talking Heads song:

Wednesday November 30

The S.O.S. Band - The S.O.S. Band

View attachment 159647

You know I’m going to play this record (and clip) whenever I am given the chance

Thank you, @TenderLovingKiller® , awesome work! Lot of fun for a TV junkie (especially the 90s-era stuff) like me

Thanks Wes! Yeah, I joke (but not really) that I was raised by TV. Glad you enjoyed it!

Back