November 2020 Challenge Thread: The End Is Near

Day 28 - Christmastime
Jimmy Smith - Christmas '64

Great Christmas Instrumental Jazz. Fitting as we just put our tree up. Got this sealed (other than the hole punch). What a time capsule.

View attachment 78325
I almost picked up a copy of this about a month ago (the reissue/repackaging called Christmas Cookin’) at my local. Listened when I got home, loved it, then went a few days later and it was gone. Need to find a copy, but buying Christmas albums in December is generally not a smart play 😀

I almost picked up a copy of this about a month ago (the reissue/repackaging called Christmas Cookin’) at my local. Listened when I got home, loved it, then went a few days later and it was gone. Need to find a copy, but buying Christmas albums in December is generally not a smart play 😀
I love that cover, but I think I went with an earlier copy because they have Van Gelder stamps.

Day 29: Treat Yo'self

I think there are a couple members here that listen to Magma...but it's an acquired taste - and no on else in my house as acquired it yet.

Magma ‎– Zëss (Le Jour Du Néant)
Music On Vinyl/Seventh Records ‎– MOVLP2503, 2019

Pressed at Record Industry

wrLmIv.jpg

59SvEj.jpg

Day 30: One Month To Go

I guess I'll go with the Album I've played the most on Spotify - per my 2020 Wrapped. I play a lot at work, but most is what I fall asleep to - which is most of my top 5 bands.

It's a bit odd that this album is the most played, as I have a playlist that starts with Tuesday Afternoon and then goes to Ambient 1. Apollo is the 3rd album in the playlist.

Brian Eno With Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno ‎– Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks (Extended Edition)
UMC/Virgin EMI Records ‎– 774 777-2, 1983/2019

Cut by Miles Showell at Abbey Road
Pressed at Optimal

U66Zpp.jpg

jRR6t2.jpg

Back