No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

I think I'm now substituting books for vinyl...I guess I just need to collect something. I have about four books queued up to read, and yet have another four in my B&N cart waiting to press buy. I realize I could e-read for way cheaper but I just really love books as items too.
So for 2024 so far I'm at
Vinyl - 0
Books - probably 4

I think I'm now substituting books for vinyl...I guess I just need to collect something. I have about four books queued up to read, and yet have another four in my B&N cart waiting to press buy. I realize I could e-read for way cheaper but I just really love books as items too.
Vinyl - 0
Books - probably 4
I have hundreds of books to read, so I’m just gonna try to start, you know, reading them. (I have hundreds of records that ain’t been listened to either, but um… ADDICT)

Vinyl - 0
Books - probably 4

Technically I ordered half of then at the very end of December, but I've had 26 books arrive so far this year (25 of them picked up on a deep discount), and have a pre-order waiting after my local bookseller for me to pick up next week 😶‍🌫️

Technically I ordered half of then at the very end of December, but I've had 26 books arrive so far this year (25 of them picked up on a deep discount), and have a pre-order waiting after my local bookseller for me to pick up next week 😶‍🌫️
Funny, I just checked Deep Discount for any of the books I want to get and didn't find them.
Then re-read your reply and you said on A deep discount.

Funny, I just checked Deep Discount for any of the books I want to get and didn't find them.
Then re-read your reply and you said on A deep discount.

Oh, shit. Sorry! 😂
Bookoutlet.ca is my spot. I've found some crazy good stuff at fantastic prices - but being a blowout spot, there's no guarantee as to what they will or won't get (I've definitely groaned a few times at dirt cheap copies of books I paid full price for! But then also been frustrated that they'll have something lime vols. 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 or whatever, of a series and not the first ones etc.) I've picked up a nice mix of music and non-music related non-fiction as well as plays, poetry, graphic novels, Star Wars novels and a couple books for the kids.

Oh, shit. Sorry! 😂
Bookoutlet.ca is my spot. I've found some crazy good stuff at fantastic prices - but being a blowout spot, there's no guarantee as to what they will or won't get (I've definitely groaned a few times at dirt cheap copies of books I paid full price for! But then also been frustrated that they'll have something lime vols. 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 or whatever, of a series and not the first ones etc.) I've picked up a nice mix of music and non-music related non-fiction as well as plays, poetry, graphic novels, Star Wars novels and a couple books for the kids.
haha, no need to apologize, that was all me.

Going for a strict no-buy Q1 for this year; no exceptions. I only have four pending items from last year; a PIF that should arrive this morning, a prize from the monthly vinyl challenge in November, a BandCamp pledge that ships around March, and a backordered item from DeepDiscount.
All of the above arrived other than the BC pledge preorder.

I haven't had an urge to buy or preorder any records at all in the past few weeks. This challenge has been a cinch so far. During mid-March or so, I might extend it depending on impressions on modern releases in genres that I am interested in using for DJ sets.

I haven't had an urge to buy or preorder any records at all in the past few weeks.

Other than learning about my friend's album (which he's gonna make sure I get one when I see him this summer, which saves shipping too) my only urge was when I spotted one of my whales at a ridiculously good price... besides that it has felt pretty easy so far, thankfully.

So now Jan is done …. I did quite well but reckon I can do better in feb as no VMP sub or pre orders .. and only 29 days !

Running total for 2024 is £233 plus a sale induced moment of weakness of £32 (3 albums for that price was too good to ignore )
So £265 ……

That’s a MASSIVE drop on normal

So aim to go lower again for faultless Feb

Back