No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

I’ve somehow have had no desire to buy a record. I have VMP Dolly records coming until April, but that’s the only thing I can think of for this year. Really grateful that I dodged the vmp membership thing and endless referral links. I’d be regretting it so much in January!

Last edited:
No purchases, pre-orders or ongoing subscriptions for me so far in 2024. I almost clicked on the Khruangbin pre-order just now but held off.

I don't have a solid plan or goal for how long I'll go. For now Bandcamp, Apple Music and YouTube are my go-tos for new stuff.

Nope, I didn't pre-order their album either.
Doesn't come out until April so I'll hold off, but I have enough credit locally to buy at least it (maybe another). Will wait to hear what the album sounds like though, new single was kinda boring.

Doesn't come out until April so I'll hold off, but I have enough credit locally to buy at least it (maybe another). Will wait to hear what the album sounds like though, new single was kinda boring.
I didn't love or dislike the new single...it was just kinda the usual K vibe, ya know? Easy enough to hold off for now.

I just found out last night that my buddy who I toured extensively with around 2007-2009 put out a new album a few months ago, his first on vinyl, and it's been very hard to resist pulling an immediate trigger on that! 🫣

*sigh*

Not even a full month!

That said, I expect the order will most likely he canceled. And if it's not, it's been a whale of mine for awhile and I'll be getting a sealed copy shipped to me for a lower total price than I've ever seen used copies available for before shipping, so hard not to take the shot!

If the order does go through, I'll cancel one of my standing add-ons over at *that* club, and that ought to balance the budget at least.

After seeing the prices on the Watch the Throne restocks. I'm honestly at the point where I may join this group. I'm honestly disgusted that a new 2LP picture disc costs $150USD because they know FOMO is a strong motivator.
I also wanted the new Armand Hammer but they're charging $70 whole ass Canadian dollars for it.

*sigh*

Not even a full month!

That said, I expect the order will most likely he canceled. And if it's not, it's been a whale of mine for awhile and I'll be getting a sealed copy shipped to me for a lower total price than I've ever seen used copies available for before shipping, so hard not to take the shot!

If the order does go through, I'll cancel one of my standing add-ons over at *that* club, and that ought to balance the budget at least.
Hooray

I wasn’t the first one to fall off the wagon

*sigh*

Not even a full month!

HOLY SHIT it shipped! 😳

Back