No Buy May Challenge! May 1-May 31!!!

We had a February thread that got derailed by stuff so here's the February points carried over to May!

@Joe Mac 3
@jfitzy 1+58
@Kris 7
@Ginormousthumbs 2
@avecigrec 64
@Bluecloud777 5
@Fleetwood-Matt 15
@Rip_City 19
@feesrevenge 10

LET'S GET SPINNING! GET THOSE RECORDS LISTENED TO AND DISCOVER NEW JOYS WITHIN YOUR COLLECTION!
So wait - i just spin an album I already own by an artist I already love and if I beat @avecigrec who is in the lead so far, I win $50 to the rescue that I adopted Sarge and Bob. from? And if I don't beat @avecigrec or someone else beats @avecigrec then another charity gets $50 so really there is no losing?

I love this.

Well in this new post-vaxx world, I apparently must sleep 11 hours a night, starting at 9pm. So my plans of playing albums for a few hours last night failed. Let's see if I can put a dent into catching up with @avecigrec today.

I love this idea, gngo. You inspired me to finally set up my tt in my new home yesterday.

Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio

View attachment 98340

I have found Alice's music to be substantially more fascinating than her husband's as of late, something you'd never hear me say even three years ago. I could use more of her records without hesitation, and I am eager to sample more.
This one is also fairly accessible; glad I got this one on a blind buy last month. Hard bop influences, but assuredly not the intent.
Ptah, the El Daoud is my favorite of hers. It desperately needs a vinyl reissue.

Back