No Buy May Challenge! May 1-May 31!!!

Dirtbag Auntie

Hiya!!!

Do you have a huge stack of new arrivals? Do you have a backlog? Do you have records that have never ever been listened to and they've been in your collection for longer than you'd like to admit? Do you want to take a breather from the constant checking of the sales thread and enjoy what you have?

THIS IS THE CHALLENGE FOR YOUUUU

This is a challenge to win a donation to your local food bank or animal shelter! Winner gets $50 for their charity!

Guidelines (a lot of this is honor system so be cool)

-Spin any record in your collection that you received before 5/1/21.
-Take a picture, post in the thread.

-Spin an album, get a point. Most points win.

Okay.

Let's go!

Youth Lagoon - Savage Hills Ballroom

20210501_104739.jpg

First spin for this one! It was a deep discount that seemed silly not to add to an order a few months back ($10 CAD; sealed; no extra shipping.)

A friend introduced me and my wife to Youth Lagoon by gifting her a copy of the first album just a couple weeks before this order, otherwise I would've just passed this by.

[edit: grammar]

Thanks for hosting this great thread @girlnevergoesout ❤️
I'll join and will try to order no new records this month (still have a few on pre-order) and will try to play many records this month that I haven't listened to in a longer while. I think this thread will be very helpful for me to stop spending money on records this month. I'm excited to re- discover some albums.

I start with

#1 Deap Vally "Femijism"

IMG_20210501_220847.jpg

Back