NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

Not being a shit, I'm not sure what this is in reference to.

Oh. There was an incident in Arizona right before camp one year, in 2019 I think. You should be able to find details in news articles of the time. It got swept away pretty quickly but I'm not sure it should have.

Hate the Habs pick BTW. I have a daughter an it's really hard for me to reconcile with. On top of that, what this kid did is rampant in schools these days so it's really not a good example to set. I hate that I'm forced to wrestle with this as a fan.

Oh. There was an incident in Arizona right before camp one year, in 2019 I think. You should be able to find details in news articles of the time. It got swept away pretty quickly but I'm not sure it should have.

Hate the Habs pick BTW. I have a daughter an it's really hard for me to reconcile with. On top of that, what this kid did is rampant in schools these days so it's really not a good example to set. I hate that I'm forced to wrestle with this as a fan.
Ah, right. When you said "linemate" I thought you were intimating something about Marner or Hyman or someone. Yeah, that Matthews thing was not good. I think it probably cost him the captaincy, rightfully so.

I was more commenting on the fact that Bergevin had been mentioned regarding trying to acquire Voynov and recently inquiring about that Rangers shithead DeAngelo, plus being in Chicago in 2010. It's certainly an issue across the league.

I'd take Landeskog or Coleman on the Preds if the money and term are right. I just don't want Poile to do another Johansen and Duchene. I hate that NHL contracts are fully guaranteed.
Hockey is an insanely dangerous sport. It's insane that there are sports without fully guaranteed contracts.

Hockey is an insanely dangerous sport. It's insane that there are sports without fully guaranteed contracts.

I understand but football is too and their contracts aren't fully guaranteed, only so much money is. That is what I would like to see. I just get tired of Poile having to buy out another contract every couple of years.

I understand but football is too and their contracts aren't fully guaranteed, only so much money is. That is what I would like to see. I just get tired of Poile having to buy out another contract every couple of years.
Right, but football contracts should be guaranteed. If Poile (or any GM) has to buy out a contract every couple of years, he should stop handing out bad contracts.

Right, but football contracts should be guaranteed. If Poile (or any GM) has to buy out a contract every couple of years, he should stop handing out bad contracts.

I agree, but I also don't think it fair to the team for a player to have a contract year and get this great contract and precede to loaf as a player once they get paid. Not saying all of them do. I think Johansen is overpaid but I think he tries, some just get that fat check and precede to mail it in. Can't do that in the real world, why should sports be any different? That is of course, just my opinion.

A number of notable players did not receive qualifying offers prior to Monday's 5 p.m. ET deadline and are now unrestricted free agents.

The Boston Bruins announced they did not make a qualifying offer to forward Nick Ritchie, which would have been $2 million, per CapFriendly. Boston also did not extend a qualifying offer to forward Ondrej Kase.

Ritchie, 25, had an impressive year with the Bruins in his first full campaign with the club. He scored 15 goals and added 11 assists in 56 games. Kase, 25, only appeared in nine regular-season games with Boston over the past two seasons due to injury.

The Chicago Blackhawks announced they didn't extend qualifying offers to Pius Suter, Adam Gaudette, David Kampf, and Josh Dickinson. Shortly after the deadline, the team inked Gaudette to a one-year contract worth $997.5K, according to The Athletic's Mark Lazerus.

Suter, 25, finished his first year in the NHL after coming from Switzerland. He had 14 goals and 13 assists in 55 games.

Other notable names who did not receive qualifying offers include Edmonton Oilers forwards Dominik Kahun and Jujhar Khaira, San Jose Sharks forward Ryan Donato, and Anaheim Ducks forward Danton Heinen.

All players who did not receive qualifying offers will hit the open market on Wednesday, but a deal can still come to fruition with their respective clubs beforehand.

Back