NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

The Buffalo Sabres are trading forward Sam Reinhart to the Florida Panthers, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

The full details of the trade are not yet known, but goaltending prospect Devon Levi is believed to be a part of the return for Buffalo, Friedman adds.

Reinhart, 25, is a pending restricted free agent. He just completed a one-year, $5.2-million contract signed in October 2020.

The Sabres selected Reinhart second overall in the 2014 NHL Draft. He totaled 25 goals and 15 helpers in 54 games last season. In 454 career contests, he's scored 134 goals and contributed 161 assists.

Levi, meanwhile, was a seventh-round pick of the Panthers in 2020. The 19-year-old starred for Canada at the 2021 world juniors, going 6-1-0 with a .964 save percentage and a 0.75 goals-against average in the tournament.

Really happy with the Preds drafting in the first round. Fydor Svechkov and Zachary L’Heureux. Apparently L”Heureux gets comparison to Marchand. I’d take that in a heartbeat. Long way to go for both of them but we will see.

Really happy with the Preds drafting in the first round. Fydor Svechkov and Zachary L’Heureux. Apparently L”Heureux gets comparison to Marchand. I’d take that in a heartbeat. Long way to go for both of them but we will see.
L'Heureux, whom I've seen play (on TV) is a bull in a China shop. Yes he plays a similar style of hockey to Marchand because he's a real pest. He loves to bring physically, a real sandpaper player but there's more to his game than just relentless aggression. The guy has good hands and he can produce. He has a hell of a release and an impressive backhand shot. He's not the biggest player but plays with a lot of heart and has a competitive streak. Nice addition to your team👍

The Arizona Coyotes drafted forward Josh Doan with the 37th overall pick in the 2021 NHL Draft on Saturday.

Doan is the son of Shane, a Coyotes icon and the franchise leader in games played (1,540), goals (402), and assists (570). Shane currently serves as Arizona's chief hockey development officer.

Doan, 18, entered the draft as Central Scouting's 87th-ranked North American skater.

The Arizona native recorded 70 points in 53 games with the USHL's Chicago Steel last season. He's committed to Arizona State.

Back