NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

^That's what Kenny Holland did so very often. I know he's a good GM, but the timing was perfect for a change. Yzerman can observe the roster this year and probably doesn't really have loyalty to some of the vets on the roster.

Good luck to your Canucks, it's been a few years since they've been on the verge of something special hasn't it?

Thanks! Yeah, since that 2011 Cup Finals run we haven't had a bunch to cheer about. I love how they have built this team up giving Pettersson, Boeser, and Horvat a chance to let their talent shine. And Quinn Hughes is looking great too.

I know zippo about Keefe’s credentials though. Anyone care to give me the highlight reel?
He won the CHL and OHL coach of the year. Won the OHL championship, won the AHL championship with the Toronto farm team. Ex player, very player friendly coach, guys play their hearts out for him.

I know zippo about Keefe’s credentials though. Anyone care to give me the highlight reel?
He was also the coach for Dubas' team in the OHL. They're very much on the same page, which I think was the main problem with Babcock. The front office assembled this team very much to play a certain way and it wasn't Babcock's style. Square peg, round hole. I don't know if there's enough runway for Keefe to turn this season around but going forward, I think this is a much better fit.

Since currently my Pittsburgh Lower Body Injuries are not providing me enough interest, I’m switching gears over to the Leafs. Sounds like he’ll be a good fit. Awkward time of the season, but I’d love to see them take a run. Not sure there’s a Blueseque turnaround available every single season though.

Since currently my Pittsburgh Lower Body Injuries are not providing me enough interest, I’m switching gears over to the Leafs. Sounds like he’ll be a good fit. Awkward time of the season, but I’d love to see them take a run. Not sure there’s a Blueseque turnaround available every single season though.
Yeah, I think we'll be better but I still think this is a deeply flawed team with very little room for improvement after this season due to the salary cap issues. But we'll see. Can't be much worse!

Nope, definitely not. Though I think the Blues were still in last place by New Year's, so we don't need quite as much of a miracle. If they run the team like they're built to be, they're incredibly fun to watch. Welcome!

This outdoor classic at the Cotton Bowl is fantastic. Dallas, the NHL, and Fair Park did such a great job getting this game put together. Just sad I didn't try to make it out there but it's tough to move me off the couch on NYD.

This outdoor classic at the Cotton Bowl is fantastic. Dallas, the NHL, and Fair Park did such a great job getting this game put together. Just sad I didn't try to make it out there but it's tough to move me off the couch on NYD.

Looked like a great time. I just wish my Preds would have shown up! Rinne is done as an NHL goaltender as far as I’m concerned. Neither him or Saros can stop a beach ball at the moment.

I was at the Caps game yesterday for that crazy comeback. I've never seen anything like that before. Glad I stuck around! We played terribly against a bad team and continue to commit too many stupid penalties, but nonetheless happy to come away with a win and game I'll never forget.

I'm not sure if other teams around the league are doing this too, but the Caps have let every player pick a goal song to play when they score this year. They released the list and a Spotify playlist of them as well, it's pretty cool. I've gotta say, when Oshie scores and the entire arena is singing Country Roads, Take Me Home at the top of their lungs its an amazing, goosebump inducing experience!

I'm not sure if other teams around the league are doing this too, but the Caps have let every player pick a goal song to play when they score this year. They released the list and a Spotify playlist of them as well, it's pretty cool. I've gotta say, when Oshie scores and the entire arena is singing Country Roads, Take Me Home at the top of their lungs its an amazing, goosebump inducing experience!

Wow, that is really cool! I'd love to see the Wings do this someday when they matter again, and when their scoring comes from more than just the top line.

I didn't get into NHL hockey until the Wings drafted Yzerman, so while I was alive during The Dead Wings and Darkness with Harkness eras, I wasn't emotionally invested. That ascent from awful, to almost contenders, to multiple championships is an era I love so much. Such a blast. I was going to a lot of games and didn't miss many on TV.

What I'm seeing right now is so very sad, it's awful to see the team you love at rock bottom. I haven't been to a game in a couple years. I knew the rebuild would be tough, and now with Stevie coming on board after Holland's 'rebuild on the fly' tactics, it's basically another reset. It can't get much worse, but I don't see it getting better by leaps until he's had his second and third drafts. I wouldn't be surprised to see him deal anyone on the roster, Larkin included.

Loved the women's 3 on 3 game and hope they continue including it in the coming years!

Back