NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

I'm not sure why the NHL keeps throwing us in banner raising games, we've played in 3 of the last 4 ('16 Penguins, '18 Ours(!), '19 Blues), but it's not a desirable game to play in when it's not your banner. Hopefully we'll be playing in another one for us next year haha I'm glad hockey is back, and although the first period was bad, glad we turned it around and got the W. I think Vrana's going to have a breakout year this year and Ovi's on pace for an 82 goal season ;) Off to a good start.

I also just saw Samsonov will be starting the first game of a back-to-back on Friday. It'll be interesting to see how he plays and if the Caps will let Holtby go at the end of the year and move on to the young up and comer. It's obvious the reason they put Copley on waivers and kept him around is to see what they have in him to help make that decision next summer.

Winnipeg going all-in on the "offense is the best defense" train of thought. Just not on purpose.

As a Preds fan, Duchene is looking pretty good so far. I know he can't continue this pace but he has been worth the money so far.

If you had told me yesterday that the Caps would break out of their powerplay slump and Ovi would have a hat trick I would have said we win that game 100%. I'm not sure why we keep falling apart late in games but the Preds looked good last night, especially Duchene and Johansen.

Back