NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

I’ll be glad when the Playoffs start so maybe the Pens will stop fucking around with their bullshit. Guess I’ll watch the chase for 100 points.

Anyone seen this 👀😳

Tom Wilson was up to his old tricks Monday night against the New York Rangers.

During a second-period melee, the Washington Capitals agitator used his stick to put New York forward Pavel Buchnevich in a headlock before punching him in the back of the neck or the head. Then, Wilson forcefully threw Artemi Panarin to the ice after the Rangers star joined the scrum.

Wilson was assessed four minutes in penalties for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct. Buchnevich and Panarin were both handed roughing minors, as was Capitals defenseman Brenden Dillon.

New York later ruled out Panarin for the rest of the game with a lower-body injury.

Rangers head coach David Quinn was predictably not pleased with what Wilson did to Panarin.

Quinn added Panarin is "fortunate to be OK," according to The Athletic's Rick Carpiniello. However, early indications are the dynamic winger will miss New York's final three regular-season games, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

The Rangers were eliminated from playoff contention Monday night.

New York forward Mika Zibanejad also expressed disdain for Wilson's actions, echoing Quinn's sentiments that the Capitals forward has "zero respect" for the game.

Washington drew widespread criticism for this tweet, which the account eventually deleted:

Screen_Shot_2021-05-03_at_10.17.22_PM.jpg

Wilson was previously suspended seven games in March for boarding Boston Bruins blue-liner Brandon Carlo.

Anyone seen this 👀😳

Tom Wilson was up to his old tricks Monday night against the New York Rangers.

During a second-period melee, the Washington Capitals agitator used his stick to put New York forward Pavel Buchnevich in a headlock before punching him in the back of the neck or the head. Then, Wilson forcefully threw Artemi Panarin to the ice after the Rangers star joined the scrum.

Wilson was assessed four minutes in penalties for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct. Buchnevich and Panarin were both handed roughing minors, as was Capitals defenseman Brenden Dillon.

New York later ruled out Panarin for the rest of the game with a lower-body injury.

Rangers head coach David Quinn was predictably not pleased with what Wilson did to Panarin.

Quinn added Panarin is "fortunate to be OK," according to The Athletic's Rick Carpiniello. However, early indications are the dynamic winger will miss New York's final three regular-season games, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

The Rangers were eliminated from playoff contention Monday night.

New York forward Mika Zibanejad also expressed disdain for Wilson's actions, echoing Quinn's sentiments that the Capitals forward has "zero respect" for the game.

Washington drew widespread criticism for this tweet, which the account eventually deleted:

Screen_Shot_2021-05-03_at_10.17.22_PM.jpg

Wilson was previously suspended seven games in March for boarding Boston Bruins blue-liner Brandon Carlo.
The league should kick this doofus out. Send him to Russia or the Moon.

What a joke!

Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson has been fined $5,000 for his role in Monday's skirmish versus the New York Rangers, the NHL's Department of Player Safety announced.

Wilson was given four minutes for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct after punching Pavel Buchnevich and slamming Artemi Panarin to the ice.

Panarin left the game with a lower-body injury and is reportedly likely to miss the remainder of the Rangers' season. He and Buchnevich both received roughing minors on the play.

The Rangers were predictably incensed by Wilson's actions after the game.

Head coach David Quinn said Wilson "crossed the line" by almost seriously injuring a star player, while Mika Zibanjead said the Capitals forward has "zero respect."

Wilson has been suspended five times in his career, most recently in March when he received a seven-game ban for boarding Boston Bruins defenseman Brandon Carlo.

What a joke!

Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson has been fined $5,000 for his role in Monday's skirmish versus the New York Rangers, the NHL's Department of Player Safety announced.

Wilson was given four minutes for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct after punching Pavel Buchnevich and slamming Artemi Panarin to the ice.

Panarin left the game with a lower-body injury and is reportedly likely to miss the remainder of the Rangers' season. He and Buchnevich both received roughing minors on the play.

Head coach David Quinn said Wilson "crossed the line" by almost seriously injuring a star player, while Mika Zibanjead said the Capitals forward has "zero respect."

Wilson has been suspended five times in his career, most recently in March when he received a seven-game ban for boarding Boston Bruins defenseman Brandon Carlo.
Holy shit. What a garbage league. Dude should be out for the rest of the season and the first round of the playoffs *minimum.* He will never learn and someone's going to get permanently injured or worse.

What a joke!

Haha $5000...that’s nothing to these guys🤦🏻‍♂️

The wording just says for roughing Buchnevich. Which, obviously, punching a dude who's already down in the back of the head should be more than a $5,000 fine, but maybe there's going to be a separate penalty for what he did to Panarin?

I think I read somewhere that Wilson has been fined/money from suspension just a little over 1 million in cash.

Maybe having a former goon heading the DOPS isn’t a good idea. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I don’t know if the league will ever get rid of fighting. Part of me feels like they use the violence to sell the game, but it’s not allowed in other sports. I don’t mind players mucking it up but if fighting was to go away, I wouldn’t miss it.

Parros has been a massive step backwards for the league. Seems like every time I heard one of his decisions this year, it was about finding a way to justify an incident.
Well what do you expect coming from an ex-NHLer who made his living being a goon. I mean the guy even made a cameo appearance in the movie, Goon: The Last of the Enforcers ffs 🙄

Well what do you expect coming from an ex-NHLer who made his living being a goon. I mean the guy even made a cameo appearance in the movie, Goon: The Last of the Enforcers ffs 🙄

Oh I know... don't get me started. We've already had a few incidents against Habs players that were "justified" this year. Earlier this year Refs on the ice call an intent to injure because of a blind side charge and he completely changes things around and makes it about whether or not the head was the primary contact. Completely misses the point of what the refs actually called (because having to deal with intent to injure is actually quite serious). And of course the player had no "prior history" - but when would they if they never deal with anything? A few games later, KK gets a blind side hit right to the head behind the net but this time they say the head was hit but wasn't the intended point of contact. Whatever they can do to sweep things under the rug. At this point, they're just rewarding gooning against talent. Sorry, I guess you got me started... LOL.

Back