NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

Buchnevich is facing a suspension after cross-checking Mantha in the face and getting a five-minute major and game misconduct . I bet Parros will be damn proud of himself when he delivers the punishment. Great job NHL for letting it come to this. 🤦‍♂️

Old time hockey, boys 😁
It reminded me of a minor league hockey game I saw once in Richmond, VA...before the puck even dropped..all 5 starters fought against each other...then right after that, another 3 fights broke out for a total of 8 before the first puck even dropped.

Was fun being a drunken spectator 🍺😂

Unrelated, have they announced how they’re gonna handle the border issue with the North division for the playoffs?

In what sense? During the semis?

There was talk of making bubble cities for the semis and SCF but who knows. Chances are the Northern winner will have to finish out the playoffs in the US because because of the Canadian 7/14 day quarantine rules (it's normally 14 days but it was shortened to 7 for NHL players since they're tested every day). Whether they'll have to adopt a new host city or whether all teams will play in a bubble town(s) is not decided as far as I know. They might still be hoping the quarantine is dropped but I doubt it will before the playoffs are done.

It reminded me of a minor league hockey game I saw once in Richmond, VA...before the puck even dropped..all 5 starters fought against each other...then right after that, another 3 fights broke out for a total of 8 before the first puck even dropped.

Was fun being a drunken spectator 🍺😂
I feel like watching Slapshot 😁

Got this from another message board and the poster claims to work for NBC.
I love the Little Ball of Hate but the rest of them can go jump in the lake. If true.

F704F1CA-C114-4D71-A987-E116221BCADD.jpeg

Got this from another message board and the poster claims to work for NBC.
I love the Little Ball of Hate but the rest of them can go jump in the lake. If true.

View attachment 98327
Surprisingly, I don’t have a strong option on any of this. I’m really more concerned with how many games are going to be available and how. I wish they’d de-muddy that a little with the two network split plus ESPN+ eating NHL.tv.

New York Rangers forward Pavel Buchnevich will have a hearing for high-sticking Anthony Mantha in the face during Wednesday's heated rematch against the Washington Capitals, the Department of Player Safety announced.

Buchnevich was assessed a game misconduct on the play.

Wednesday's game between the East Division rivals was hotly contested from the start. Three fights erupted at the opening faceoff, and three more came in a penalty-filled first period.

The theatrics were in response to Tom Wilson not being suspended for his role in a skirmish between the two clubs on Monday.

Buchnevich, 26, is in the midst of the best statistical season of his career with 45 points in 53 games.

Regardless of the length of a potential suspension, new Rangers general manager Chris Drury said Buchnevich is out for the remainder of the season, per the New York Post's Mollie Walker.

New York Rangers forward Pavel Buchnevich will have a hearing for high-sticking Anthony Mantha in the face during Wednesday's heated rematch against the Washington Capitals, the Department of Player Safety announced.

Wednesday's game between the East Division rivals was hotly contested from the start. Three fights erupted at the opening faceoff, and three more came in a penalty-filled first period.

The theatrics were in response to Tom Wilson not being suspended for his role in a skirmish between the two clubs on Monday.

Buchnevich, 26, is in the midst of the best statistical season of his career with 45 points in 53 games.

Regardless of the length of a potential suspension, new Rangers general manager Chris Drury said Buchnevich is out for the remainder of the season, per the New York Post's Mollie Walker.

It's insane to think that even a 1 game suspension to Wilson would have avoided this (he deserved more, but you know).

Hope the NHL loves the attention they're getting.

The New York Rangers have been fined $250,000 for their statement made in protest of the NHL's decision to not suspend Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson for his actions Monday, the league announced Thursday.

"Public comments of the nature issued by the Rangers that were personal in nature and demeaning of a league executive will not be tolerated," commissioner Gary Bettman said.

"While we don't expect our clubs to agree with every decision rendered by the Department of Player Safety, the extent to which the Rangers expressed their disagreement was unacceptable. It is terribly unfair to question George Parros' professionalism and dedication to his role and the Department of Player Safety."

New York called for Parros' removal as the NHL's lead disciplinarian Tuesday and said he's unfit for the position. Additionally, the club called Wilson's actions dangerous and reckless.

Head coach David Quinn and several Rangers players also expressed their disappointment in what they viewed as too light a punishment.

Wilson, who's been suspended five times in his career, only received a $5,000 fine for punching Pavel Buchnevich while he was in a defenseless position and slamming superstar Artemi Panarin to the ice during Monday's contest. Afterward, Panarin was ruled out for the rest of the season with an injury.

Tensions between the two clubs boiled over during their rematch Wednesday, as six fights occurred in the first period.

The New York Rangers have been fined $250,000 for their statement made in protest of the NHL's decision to not suspend Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson for his actions Monday, the league announced Thursday.

"Public comments of the nature issued by the Rangers that were personal in nature and demeaning of a league executive will not be tolerated," commissioner Gary Bettman said.

"While we don't expect our clubs to agree with every decision rendered by the Department of Player Safety, the extent to which the Rangers expressed their disagreement was unacceptable. It is terribly unfair to question George Parros' professionalism and dedication to his role and the Department of Player Safety."

New York called for Parros' removal as the NHL's lead disciplinarian Tuesday and said he's unfit for the position. Additionally, the club called Wilson's actions dangerous and reckless.

Head coach David Quinn and several Rangers players also expressed their disappointment in what they viewed as too light a punishment.

Wilson, who's been suspended five times in his career, only received a $5,000 fine for punching Pavel Buchnevich while he was in a defenseless position and slamming superstar Artemi Panarin to the ice during Monday's contest. Afterward, Panarin was ruled out for the rest of the season with an injury.

Tensions between the two clubs boiled over during their rematch Wednesday, as six fights occurred in the first period.
Every club that plays the Capitals should do the same thing that the Rangers did yesterday until something is done.

Nah, continuing to fight them isn't going to do anything and is just going to reinforce the league's and Parros' "make hockey violent again" goals. I was hoping some teams would make public statements of their own after the Rangers' twitter post, but maybe some of them reached out to the league privately and said they agreed that something needed to change.

New York Rangers forward Pavel Buchnevich has been suspended one game for high-sticking Washington Capitals forward Anthony Mantha in the face during Wednesday's contest, the NHL Department of Player Safety announced.

Wednesday's contest between the Rangers and Capitals was littered with fights and penalties from the opening whistle, with 141 penalty minutes handed out during the game.

During a matchup earlier in the week, Tom Wilson injured Rangers star Artemi Panarin in a postwhistle scrum and also took shots at Buchnevich. The winger avoided suspension and was fined $5,000 for the antics.

Regardless of the suspension, general manager Chris Drury announced Buchnevich is set to miss the final two games of New York's season due to injury, according to USA Today's Vince Z. Mercogliano.

New York Rangers owner James Dolan believes his club needs a culture reset.

The Rangers fired team president John Davidson and general manager Jeff Gorton in a surprise move Wednesday, appointing former Rangers forward and assistant GM Chris Drury to both roles.

Dolan explained the changes Thursday.

"I saw a weakness in the team that was not being addressed, and I knew it needed to be," he told Larry Brooks of the New York Post. "I knew that we were missing a key component to us being a Stanley Cup contender.

"And that is the overall spirit and culture that goes with being a team. I believe that as good of a job as JD and Jeff have done, in speaking with them, it is clear to me that Chris Drury was going to be the right guy to lead the team forward."

The firings of Gorton and Davidson came just one day after the Rangers issued a scathing statement calling for George Parros to be removed as head of the NHL Department of Player Safety; Parros did not suspend Washington Capitals winger Tom Wilson for his controversial actions in Monday's contest between the Rangers and Capitals.

But Dolan said he began to contemplate a change earlier this season during a critical stretch in which he felt the team failed to meet expectations.

"I started thinking about it 20 or 25 games ago at a time when the team really needed to show heart," Dolan said, according to Brooks. "And we had key games - I won't be specific - where we had to show up and had to come out strong, and even if we lost, it had to be our best effort.

"And we clearly had nowhere close to our best effort."

The Rangers named Gorton as GM in May 2015 and appointed Davidson as president in May 2019. New York has missed the playoffs in three of the past four seasons and was swept out of last year's qualifying round by the Carolina Hurricanes.

Back