New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Yes, checked that and it's fine. I can take it out and the water that is in the machine stays there. I think what was leaking was water that must have been in the pipe between the machine and the container. It took me a long while to figure out. What was v annoying now just adds time to cleaning, but there must be a bigger problem / blockage I can't see.
Their customer service has been quite good in my experience so hopefully they can help you diagnose the issue and get it sorted

I felt there was a significant dip outside warranty.
Yes, I agree. My last time was quite frustrating as they asked a new simple question each time. I replied immediately. Had to wait 24 hours for them to ask something else (rather than all of them in one go). Then taking an age to send stuff.

This problem was a particular mystery as for a long time the machine just leaked. It was only when I saw recently that it was also not draining properly that I was able to get a fix around for me. It's considerably better than it was before. Just worried that gradually something is getting v blocked.

Yes, I agree. My last time was quite frustrating as they asked a new simple question each time. I replied immediately. Had to wait 24 hours for them to ask something else (rather than all of them in one go). Then taking an age to send stuff.

This problem was a particular mystery as for a long time the machine just leaked. It was only when I saw recently that it was also not draining properly that I was able to get a fix around for me. It's considerably better than it was before. Just worried that gradually something is getting v blocked.
If you can't snake the pipe it's possible it's the pump itself losing integrity? I wonder if passing something like vinegar through the system might help clean it out.

Hmm mine was out of warranty but was fine with getting help. It did take a bit but I was slow to respond to sending them videos and what they requested so it didn’t bother me.

I was a bit peeved that on top of that they charged me more than the cost of the very small and very light part to ship it by a method that took over a month to arrive.

I was a bit peeved that on top of that they charged me more than the cost of the very small and very light part to ship it by a method that took over a month to arrive.
I remember 🤣🤣 my shipping wasn’t cheap either but it didn’t shock me considering they don’t have a US distributor.

If you can't snake the pipe it's possible it's the pump itself losing integrity? I wonder if passing something like vinegar through the system might help clean it out.
Yes, I've wondered about this. I put a spike both ways down the hole (from the top and bottom of the machine) to clear any blockage. I think your pump explanation could well be the best. (Opening up the machine left me quite confused as to how the water actually drains). Somehow though the machine is draining slower. I might give vinegar/bicarb a try soon.

Thinking about pulling the trigger and joining the ranks. Although I’ve used a diy ultrasonic cleaner to clean >1000 records, 6 at a time, I’d prefer a method without manual drying and after reading most of the posts here, the hg seems to be the answer. I currently use tergikleen. Would it be worthwhile to order the hg cleaner or g-sonic? Or would tergikleen be just as well?

I’d also have an ultrasonic cleaner that I’d have no use for after getting an hg so feel free to reach out. It works just as the day I got it. Traded vinyl for it so I’d be open to doing the same. Just theowing it out there.

Thinking about pulling the trigger and joining the ranks. Although I’ve used a diy ultrasonic cleaner to clean >1000 records, 6 at a time, I’d prefer a method without manual drying and after reading most of the posts here, the hg seems to be the answer. I currently use tergikleen. Would it be worthwhile to order the hg cleaner or g-sonic? Or would tergikleen be just as well?

I’d also have an ultrasonic cleaner that I’d have no use for after getting an hg so feel free to reach out. It works just as the day I got it. Traded vinyl for it so I’d be open to doing the same. Just theowing it out there.
Tergikleen would work just as well.

After more than a week. HG finally replied and offered me a new water pump for $26 or so incl shipping. I'm tempted to take it. That said, it's working OK at the moment - I just need to drain the water three times. (It's somewhat of a pain, but I can't tell you how much better it is than the past few months of it leaking water every single time I used it). So far, it's been easy to repair but I'm worried that one time it won't be.

After more than a week. HG finally replied and offered me a new water pump for $26 or so incl shipping. I'm tempted to take it. That said, it's working OK at the moment - I just need to drain the water three times. (It's somewhat of a pain, but I can't tell you how much better it is than the past few months of it leaking water every single time I used it). So far, it's been easy to repair but I'm worried that one time it won't be.
I'm starting to wonder if maybe my pump has a slow leak somewhere since I'll notice that after ten or so records I'll have to add a splash of water to get back to the 12" line. I'm telling myself that it's just evaporation from the dry cycle for the moment...

I'm starting to wonder if maybe my pump has a slow leak somewhere since I'll notice that after ten or so records I'll have to add a splash of water to get back to the 12" line. I'm telling myself that it's just evaporation from the dry cycle for the moment...

I’ve always had that so put it mostly down to evaporation. But one thing to be careful about is not to go over the 7” line. Where the top and bottom of the unit meet isn’t sealed so if you fill it too high it will leak through that and down the side of the unit over all the circuit boards and you will get a pool of water underneath the unit. I have an incline that this is what did for my first control board and have been much more careful filing it since fitting the replacement in 2022.

I’ve always had that so put it mostly down to evaporation. But one thing to be careful about is not to go over the 7” line. Where the top and bottom of the unit meet isn’t sealed so if you fill it too high it will leak through that and down the side of the unit over all the circuit boards and you will get a pool of water underneath the unit. I have an incline that this is what did for my first control board and have been much more careful filing it since fitting the replacement in 2022.
Yeah. I was overzealous once and nearly overtopped the basin. Won’t do that again.

That seems very reasonable.

It's evaporation from the drying process. There's always a bit of water clinging to the record after the tank drains, and that adds up.

Back