New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Ordered a Humminguru end of January. They had a notice order after 31 would be wrapped up in Chinese NY till Feb21. I ordered mine mid day on the 30th.

Curious what is the normal experience for turnaround time on these from order placed to shipping notice? Not sure if I should send an email or just be patient. I'm not a patient person.

Ordered a Humminguru end of January. They had a notice order after 31 would be wrapped up in Chinese NY till Feb21. I ordered mine mid day on the 30th.

Curious what is the normal experience for turnaround time on these from order placed to shipping notice? Not sure if I should send an email or just be patient. I'm not a patient person.

They always shut down for three weeks for Chinese new year so they’ll be dealing with the backlogs from orders just before and during that time. Outside that it seems to be a matter of days and the crazy fast fed ex shipping.

Thanks just read it takes 4-10 day shipping which is crazy really.

Does anyone actually heat up the water before they put it in? They say 77-95 degrees is ideal. My house usually hovers around 70ish.

Does anyone actually heat up the water before they put it in? They say 77-95 degrees is ideal. My house usually hovers around 70ish.

It was 3 days Hong Kong to Dublin. It was in Paris within 24 hours! It’s the same shipping record city use and it is truly insane.

I use room temp water. It heats up by one or two degrees for every five minute cycle.

Warm water *is* more effective, but I don't really find it worth the hassle.

I use room temp water. It heats up by one or two degrees for every five minute cycle.

Warm water *is* more effective, but I don't really find it worth the hassle.
Don’t know what the Humminguru transponders wattage ratings are but the Degritter is rated at 330 watts or somewhere close. Water temp rises at least 10*F in one play and goes higher as you go. Nice to have a thermometer on the rig.

Don’t know what the Humminguru transponders wattage ratings are but the Degritter is rated at 330 watts or somewhere close. Water temp rises at least 10*F in one play and goes higher as you go. Nice to have a thermometer on the rig.

While the water does heat up it then cools again during the drying cycle. It only ever gets really warm if you do 3 or 4 cleans in a row without a drying cycle on a really dirty record.

I don't have this exact US cleaner but my experience is water temp correlates with the condition of the record. New records don't need a lot of higher temps to clean dust and shavings out of the groove.

Something used from a bin or older piece of vinyl, I preclean and then also get the water plenty warm 36-40C.

Well, "cool down mode" or something of the sort, won't let you clean any more until it cools off from what I've read.
Exactly. But does the cycle continue with water being circulated to actively cool? Haven’t gotten to that point yet. After all, the machine resides in my (not murder) dungeon where average room temperature is around 62F until I go down and spark up the boiler.

Back