New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

After more than a week. HG finally replied and offered me a new water pump for $26 or so incl shipping. I'm tempted to take it. That said, it's working OK at the moment - I just need to drain the water three times. (It's somewhat of a pain, but I can't tell you how much better it is than the past few months of it leaking water every single time I used it). So far, it's been easy to repair but I'm worried that one time it won't be.
All fixed and working fine. Such a relief.

Replacing the water pump turned out to be as easy, maybe easier, than the other things. Seems to be working properly now. (I did carry on using it and it completely broke down a week ago so I'm v happy to have it back). It feels like maybe the next time it breaks, it might be time to get a new one...

All fixed and working fine. Such a relief.

Replacing the water pump turned out to be as easy, maybe easier, than the other things. Seems to be working properly now. (I did carry on using it and it completely broke down a week ago so I'm v happy to have it back). It feels like maybe the next time it breaks, it might be time to get a new one...
That seems much more expensive than just getting replacements for the wear items!

That seems much more expensive than just getting replacements for the wear items!
Agreed - but I feel like I've replaced just about everything now. And I can tell that what I did to compensate for the pump not working properly has driven it hard. Maybe it just makes sense to keep on replacing each bit that breaks but feels like there must be a point where it's time to throw in the towel.

Agreed - but I feel like I've replaced just about everything now. And I can tell that what I did to compensate for the pump not working properly has driven it hard. Maybe it just makes sense to keep on replacing each bit that breaks but feels like there must be a point where it's time to throw in the towel.
I’m guessing the next wear item will be the transducers, but that’s probably a ways off. The Humminguru of Theseus!

Yeah I definitely get where you’re going with this. I’ve had to do a few changes of bits myself, two pcbs and the motor. I think once the replacement bits are cheap and I can replace them easily by popping the top or the bottom off I’m happy to do it. I do foresee a time where something may go and I decide to move on or just buy a new one. Probably buy a new one to be fair because I do like it and I’d never have to drive one as hard as I initially did this one ever again.

Another month, another problem. Just wondering if anybody had any experience of this. Last used the machine about a week ago and all was well. Plugged in the cable this morning and when I tried to turn it on nothing happened. Power cable seems to be OK (the black box has the green light on), but hard to tell. Nothing obvious has changed in the past days. I've taken the bottom off, tried the plug in different sockets...

Another month, another problem. Just wondering if anybody had any experience of this. Last used the machine about a week ago and all was well. Plugged in the cable this morning and when I tried to turn it on nothing happened. Power cable seems to be OK (the black box has the green light on), but hard to tell. Nothing obvious has changed in the past days. I've taken the bottom off, tried the plug in different sockets...
Not saying it's the answer, but pull the plug back from the machine just a touch, see if that helps. If I push mine in too far it doesn't connect properly, gets no power. Pulling back just a bit works just fine.

Not saying it's the answer, but pull the plug back from the machine just a touch, see if that helps. If I push mine in too far it doesn't connect properly, gets no power. Pulling back just a bit works just fine.
Thanks. I'll try when I'm home again. Putting the cable in the machine felt weird this time. It was like it caught differently. I just never looked at the end of it carefully enough to know if something had changed or not.

Thanks. I'll try when I'm home again. Putting the cable in the machine felt weird this time. It was like it caught differently. I just never looked at the end of it carefully enough to know if something had changed or not.
With mine the power connection (on the unit) has a little give when connecting, in other words it feels like it isn't secured tightly to the machine. Pushing the connector in too hard seems to move it some resulting in loss of connection.

With mine the power connection (on the unit) has a little give when connecting, in other words it feels like it isn't secured tightly to the machine. Pushing the connector in too hard seems to move it some resulting in loss of connection.
Man that does not sound safe.

giphy.gif

Hmm, I fear @Mather is right. My machine lost all power today in the middle of a cycle (I was nowhere near it). It's a bit like old-fashioned headphones - you have to twirl the cable until sound comes out (or in the HG's case, the white light comes on). Not good - not least as I suspect the problem is probably more the receiver (ie in the machine) than the cable. Hmmm

Hmm, I fear @Mather is right. My machine lost all power today in the middle of a cycle (I was nowhere near it). It's a bit like old-fashioned headphones - you have to twirl the cable until sound comes out (or in the HG's case, the white light comes on). Not good - not least as I suspect the problem is probably more the receiver (ie in the machine) than the cable. Hmmm
blah, I'm sorry to hear this.

ok. just ran into a problem for the first time with this thing (had it since the first release so not bad in terms of usage/time), but the records no longer spin. It's not a record thickness problem not connecting with the motorized side of the wheel. is this something I can fix on my own? Is there a how-to to take a look at the motor that spins? I've got some history with soldering and taking stuff apart and putting it back together again so I dont mind doing the work.

ok. just ran into a problem for the first time with this thing (had it since the first release so not bad in terms of usage/time), but the records no longer spin. It's not a record thickness problem not connecting with the motorized side of the wheel. is this something I can fix on my own? Is there a how-to to take a look at the motor that spins? I've got some history with soldering and taking stuff apart and putting it back together again so I dont mind doing the work.

The motor went on mine and I had to get it replaced. It was pretty cheap but the postage they used took forever to arrive. It was a very easy change, just take the top off and they clip in and out.

The motor went on mine and I had to get it replaced. It was pretty cheap but the postage they used took forever to arrive. It was a very easy change, just take the top off and they clip in and out.
Guess I just gotta wait till they get back to me then? I sent a note through their contact us page on the website.

Back