New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

So does it clean deeper than a spin clean.. I know id like the no hassle of just "put it in, wait 15 minutes, put in sleeve" (even if putting it in my bedroom with the noise is a lot)

The issue is for 4 times the cost of a spin clean it has to do just as good or better without the hassle.. and it's got the no hassle (though the fans require multiple drys though)
Yes, ultrasonic cleaning is more effective. If cost is a consideration you can spend half as much for a Vevor ultrasonic cleaner. It's not quite as automated or sleek, but does essentially the same job.

Reactions: mgp
The thing is out for delivery. It got to the east coast of the US way faster than I was expecting. I've got some records to clean tonight!

Apologies in advance, because I know this has been covered repeatedly in this thread. What do you guys do for cleaning solution? Just distilled water or something else too?

The thing is out for delivery. It got to the east coast of the US way faster than I was expecting. I've got some records to clean tonight!

Apologies in advance, because I know this has been covered repeatedly in this thread. What do you guys do for cleaning solution? Just distilled water or something else too?
It's good to add a surfactant. Surfactant: Cleaning Your Vinyl, A Buyer’s Guide

Last edited:

The GrooveWasher G Sonic is the stuff HumminGuru have tacitly recommended. I’ve been using that and feel it offers a good jump over just water. The cleaner does clean really well though with just water.

Anyone want to take a shot at a couple problem Lp's I have that vacuum cleaning can't get to where I would like on their HG btw ?

HUMMINGURU out for delivery!!! WOOOOOOO.

Could I use Chisto with this thing?
I'd be hesitant to go too far afield from the recommended 'distilled water only.' As mentioned, HG has more or less endorsed a drop of G-Sonic in the basin, but they claim the unit was designed for distilled water, and anything much beyond that voids the warranty (IIRC). Bottom line is that you don't need much more than that. Start pure! And congratulations!

I'd be hesitant to go too far afield from the recommended 'distilled water only.' As mentioned, HG has more or less endorsed a drop of G-Sonic in the basin, but they claim the unit was designed for distilled water, and anything much beyond that voids the warranty (IIRC). Bottom line is that you don't need much more than that. Start pure! And congratulations!
Agreed, start with just distilled and see how it goes. I bet you'll be more than happy with the results.

Moniter how the water looks when you’re refilling. I’ve gone up to 50 before. It does lose water though through drying etc so you need to top it up slightly every few records.
Yup, this is what I do. It's way different than a spin clean where you should change the water every 20 or so records.

Yup, this is what I do. It's way different than a spin clean where you should change the water every 20 or so records.

Yeah the filter really does it’s job well! It’s always been the end of a cleaning session, rather than the water being dirty , that’s led me to chuck it!

Humminguru set up! How many records can you clean with one full basin?
Agree, there's no limit unless, I suppose, the records you're cleaning are really dirty. As @Joe Mac said, the water level will drop a bit after a few cleanings, so just use the maintenance tool that's provided to check the level after every 5 or so and have some distilled water on hand in a squeeze bottle (or something similar) to squirt a bit in to get it back up to the appropriate level.

Guess whos copy of Happy Sad just went from VG to EX+. You guys really weren’t kidding, I just plopped it there, walked away for 15 mins and now my listening is that much better. The sound of the cleaning can def be a bit harsh, I agree with @MikeH … my dogs were very curious at what was going on. Ran from across the apartment to cock their heads at it lol.

Also @Russ I , I always give records a lil brush before any play 🍻

Back