New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Can you expand on the catalog's ultrasonic cleaner offerings, or if is the catalog online somewhere?
I'm not sure if there is an online pdf version or anything but you can request a copy sent to you if you're in the states.

I'm not sure if there is an online pdf version or anything but you can request a copy sent to you if you're in the states.

that doens't help people who don't have a US address. and they don't post the catalog on their website for some stupid reason.

It has slowly dawned on me that the HumminGuru is going to be a gateway to more full-featured, more-expensive ultrasonic cleaners. Yesterday I caught myself reading about the various high-end USC's in the Music Direct '22 catalog that landed at my door recently. I looked at prices, but mostly I was interested in the features these more expensive units have to offer. Because if I'd never caught a whiff of what ultrasonic cleaning can accomplish, I wouldn't be starting to wonder about how the HumminGuru experience, as relatively great as it is in the evolution of my own cleaning behaviors, might be improved upon. I'd already decided I'd pay more for a unit that pumped the water back into the cleaning reservoir between cycles (thereby removing the only labor currently involved :)). But what else do these giants have to offer? And how much better might the results be (in terms of not only the finished product, but also my experience of the process)?

I also noticed I wasn't any longer laughing at a $1600 - $2000 price tag for a piece of equipment that, prior to owning the HumminGuru, I saw as extravagant and completely unnecessary, but now, as I've stated in a previous post within this thread, recognize as possibly my smartest investment in my audio-nirvana-chasing life!

Any other HumminGuru owners had their thinking expanded along similar lines? And who will be the first to jump?

(Oh, I should mention I’ve cleaned about 110 records to date. Loving it.)
Nope

that doens't help people who don't have a US address. and they don't post the catalog on their website for some stupid reason.
MD offers two ultrasonic cleaning machines:

What's the general consensus of how many times y'all have been recycling water? I don't want to wait till I can visually see dirt. I was thinking maybe every 5 records or so. All my stuff is already cleaned on a RCM. It isn't too bad on water consumption. I put a drop of Terg as well and seems to be doing well.

Initial impression: first record I chose was one I know has no skips but does have surface noise - the latest Target/Prince Official Store pressing of Purple Rain on purple vinyl. Side A was already flawless but I had the same issue as some others on Side B - some evident surface noise. It was especially noticeable on the B1 intro (When Doves Cry). It wasn't a record killer (plus it's my umpteenth copy of the album) but def noticeable. Listening right now - no kidding, the noise is gone. Like gone, gone. (Only some slight noise between tracks but that's really nothing )

Note: I used the auto deep cleaning w a 5 min dry

MD offers two ultrasonic cleaning machines:
Yes I know that but the post seemed to imply there were newer ultrasonic machines being introduced in 2022 under $2000, which were described in the catalog.

Reactions: OMC
Yes I know that but the post seemed to imply there were newer ultrasonic machines being introduced in 2022 under $2000, which were described in the catalog.
Sorry I allowed for that interpretation. Looks like the two @dansomeone listed are the only ones in the catalog, and they are $2,999 and $4,000, respectively. The $1,600 figure was from my recollection of a recent visit to a local dealer who I buy my gear from. I was there auditioning turntables and he showed me an ultrasonic cleaner he said was his overall best selling item. My recollection was that he said it was $1,600, but I didn't even use the brain energy it would have taken to necessarily remember that accurately because at the time, the whole idea was absurd to me.

It has slowly dawned on me that the HumminGuru is going to be a gateway to more full-featured, more-expensive ultrasonic cleaners. Yesterday I caught myself reading about the various high-end USC's in the Music Direct '22 catalog that landed at my door recently. I looked at prices, but mostly I was interested in the features these more expensive units have to offer. Because if I'd never caught a whiff of what ultrasonic cleaning can accomplish, I wouldn't be starting to wonder about how the HumminGuru experience, as relatively great as it is in the evolution of my own cleaning behaviors, might be improved upon. I'd already decided I'd pay more for a unit that pumped the water back into the cleaning reservoir between cycles (thereby removing the only labor currently involved :)). But what else do these giants have to offer? And how much better might the results be (in terms of not only the finished product, but also my experience of the process)?

I also noticed I wasn't any longer laughing at a $1600 - $2000 price tag for a piece of equipment that, prior to owning the HumminGuru, I saw as extravagant and completely unnecessary, but now, as I've stated in a previous post within this thread, recognize as possibly my smartest investment in my audio-nirvana-chasing life!

Any other HumminGuru owners had their thinking expanded along similar lines? And who will be the first to jump?

(Oh, I should mention I’ve cleaned about 110 records to date. Loving it.)
I was thinking more about modding the HG. How about a negative ion charged airstream for the blower fan? Obviously a pump to return water. I want some kind of crazy record changer style apparatus where I can preload say 8 records and walk away and come back to a clean stack outside the machine, haha. Seriously, though, for $3k I could just hire someone to run my HG!

What's the general consensus of how many times y'all have been recycling water? I don't want to wait till I can visually see dirt. I was thinking maybe every 5 records or so. All my stuff is already cleaned on a RCM. It isn't too bad on water consumption. I put a drop of Terg as well and seems to be doing well.

Initial impression: first record I chose was one I know has no skips but does have surface noise - the latest Target/Prince Official Store pressing of Purple Rain on purple vinyl. Side A was already flawless but I had the same issue as some others on Side B - some evident surface noise. It was especially noticeable on the B1 intro (When Doves Cry). It wasn't a record killer (plus it's my umpteenth copy of the album) but def noticeable. Listening right now - no kidding, the noise is gone. Like gone, gone. (Only some slight noise between tracks but that's really nothing )

Note: I used the auto deep cleaning w a 5 min dry
I am doing around a dozen records per reservoir. I see nothing collecting in the water. The filter is clearly collecting dust, though. On the squeaky clean a dozen records takes me a solid hour. With the HG I may spread that to 3 or 4 hours but am living life the whole time instead of slaving over a loud ass machine. I don't feel comfortable leaving water unused overnight so I clean up afterwards.

Over on a Norwegian Hifi-forum, a guy did a comparison of an Audio Desk ultrasound RCM and the HumminGuru. He bought them at the same time it seems, so he had not used the Audio Desk previously.

His conclusion:
  • They both do an excellent cleaning job, he used the Audio desk cleaning solution+distilled water on both
  • The price difference is big, too big.
  • AudioDesk gives extra on a couple of things, especially with surface marks and very dirty records.
I am increasingly happy with my HG, especially after adding some surfactant.

Over on a Norwegian Hifi-forum, a guy did a comparison of an Audio Desk ultrasound RCM and the HumminGuru. He bought them at the same time it seems, so he had not used the Audio Desk previously.

His conclusion:
  • They both do an excellent cleaning job, he used the Audio desk cleaning solution+distilled water on both
  • The price difference is big, too big.
  • AudioDesk gives extra on a couple of things, especially with surface marks and very dirty records.
I am increasingly happy with my HG, especially after adding some surfactant.
The AudioDesk also has physical pads to scrub the record, I believe, so it doesn’t surprise me that it would do a better job on surface stains. Feels like a pre-rinse in a Spin Clean or the like might produce similar results.

My Humminguru is sitting on my porch right now. It's in a branded box. If I go bring it inside, my wife will get angry that I spoiled one of my Christmas presents, so have to wait until she gets home from work. I also won't be able to use it until Christmas.

I'm in physical pain.

My Humminguru is sitting on my porch right now. It's in a branded box. If I go bring it inside, my wife will get angry that I spoiled one of my Christmas presents, so have to wait until she gets home from work. I also won't be able to use it until Christmas.

I'm in physical pain.
Beware porch pirates!

I'm in physical pain.
But, all those records! They need to be cleaned!
I have a sensitive Ring doorbell and my office is right by the front door. If they try, I will run them down. 😂
So would I!
Seriously, you're going to love this machine.

Mine just arrived too! Left China on Dec. 2nd and already here! Of course won't be able to set it up until maybe later tonight, planned on going into the office them kid's basketball practice. But tomorrow...!!! Already have test records to try and improve.

E77F27BC-3E63-4F3E-9F3B-F6248F7A0854.jpeg

Back