New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Customs fees came in.

€99.06

€80.61 customs

€18.45 FedEx Handling Fee.

That’s just the price of importing crap I suppose!

Edit: I had kinda figured out that the 23% VAT and 10% customs would be around €80 I just wasn’t sure what FeEx’s fee would be. It’s just the cost of doing business outside the EU!

Last edited:
Uh, how many sleeves do you throw away? Personally, I only toss the paper sleeves that come with so many records.

I toss any plain sleeves and replace with disk keepers. Any printed sleeve I use the U shaped sleeves inside them. Either way I don’t want the record going back into the dirt I’ve just cleaned off it!

Last edited:
Customs fees came in.

€99.06

€80.61 customs

€18.45 FedEx Handling Fee.

That’s just the price of importing crap I suppose!

Edit: I had kinda figured out that the 23% VAT and 10% customs would be around €80 I just wasn’t sure what FeEx’s fee would be. It’s just the cost of doing business outside the EU!

what a scam these courier companies are....in Canada I'm pretty sure if you brought this over the border yourself you wouldn't be charged anything by the indifferent border officer. Maybe just sales tax, if that.

what a scam these courier companies are....in Canada I'm pretty sure if you brought this over the border yourself you wouldn't be charged anything by the indifferent border officer. Maybe just sales tax, if that.

Well same here if it was in the boot of the car on the Ferry, I’ve done that plenty with booze and electronics that fit inside the boot with the parcel shelf on, but I’d have to go to China to do that which costs exponentially more than €100.

The EU has really clamped down on postal customs since the change of rules in July. The courier companies give no leeway and the national postal services, which used to let loads slip, now have customs officials in the sorting offices checking every parcel from outside the eurozone.

Last edited:
I'd be very interested if anybody has a disc that G+/VG- ie that plays through ok but has a lot of crackle and could do a before and after of the sound (or at least describe it). I have an Okki Nokki currently but this is v tempting. It would only be worth it though if it could improve, by however much, such records as so many of my African stuff (especially singles) is like that - no skips, often ok sound but lots of background noise.

Back