New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

tracking updated to end of day 😭
Fed EX seems to have good logistics outside the U.S. (third parties ?), then once here it gets complicated. I had a out for delivery on the truck last week, went by the house twice on the ring camera, never stopped. Tracking changed to the next day after 9pm and finally arrived next day lunchtime. lol Did they hire ex DHL employees ?

I figured it was more, prob a dumb question on my end. $380 is a steal for the whole package.
I think the general sale is likely around the same price. The big question with this was whether or not a $380 machine could work well and nobody really knew until the kickstarter delivered the finals. It was all just an idea until a few weeks ago really. Hoping it does well and causes some other companies to enter the fray of cheaper ultrasonic cleaners.

For those of you have had some experience already testing out some different settings--what seems to work best? I did the auto deep clean on my first go but wondering what the recs are so far? I thought I read someone had suggested something here but scrolled back a little and didn't see it. thanks!

For those of you have had some experience already testing out some different settings--what seems to work best? I did the auto deep clean on my first go but wondering what the recs are so far? I thought I read someone had suggested something here but scrolled back a little and didn't see it. thanks!

Depends on the record.

For a normal record that I’ve already done in the spin clean I do the deep auto with 10 mins drying.

For a brand new or standard dirty used I do a deep clean followed by deep auto with 10 mins drying.

With one particularly dirty record I did 2 runs at the deep clean followed by deep auto with 10 mins drying.

I typically do deep clean (2 presses) and a 5min drying. 5min drying is usually sufficient. The rare case it wasn't and an extra 5 was done, I still could see some droplets.

Back