New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I'm reading comments that mostly relate to quieter surfaces and fewer tics and pops but not much on other aspects of ultrasonic cleaning. Stuff like greater detail, enhanced dimensionality, less unwanted sibilance, etc. What other sonic benefits are you hearing?
My usage of an ultrasonic cleaner has shown that a second cleaning, on some records, can reveal even further benefits. I've also found that water temperature makes a difference too with warm being better than cold. For those whose cleaner is in a cold room or basement a heating pad with a towel over it underneath the cleaner can warm the fluid to a warm but not hot temp. My system and cleaner are in the basement which gets down to the mid 60s overnight in winter months. With a heating pad left on constantly, water temp in the cleaner is a steady 78* and ready to clean without having to wait for over two gallons of water to come up to temp. PLEASE READ debianlinux's COMMENTS BELOW!!

Last edited:
I'm reading comments that mostly relate to quieter surfaces and fewer tics and pops but not much on other aspects of ultrasonic cleaning. Stuff like greater detail, enhanced dimensionality, less unwanted sibilance, etc. What other sonic benefits are you hearing?
My usage of an ultrasonic cleaner has shown that a second cleaning, on some records, can reveal even further benefits. I've also found that water temperature makes a difference too with warm being better than cold. For those whose cleaner is in a cold room or basement a heating pad with a towel over it underneath the cleaner can warm the fluid to a warm but not hot temp. My system and cleaner are in the basement which gets down to the mid 60s overnight in winter months. With a heating pad left on constantly, water temp in the cleaner is a steady 78* and ready to clean without having to wait for over two gallons of water to come up to temp.
Uh, you're leaving standing water in a basement at 78F? That sounds like overnight mold blooms.

My usage of an ultrasonic cleaner has shown that a second cleaning, on some records, can reveal even further benefits. I've also found that water temperature makes a difference too with warm being better than cold. For those whose cleaner is in a cold room or basement a heating pad with a towel over it underneath the cleaner can warm the fluid to a warm but not hot temp. My system and cleaner are in the basement which gets down to the mid 60s overnight in winter months. With a heating pad left on constantly, water temp in the cleaner is a steady 78* and ready to clean without having to wait for over two gallons of water to come up to temp.
:unsure: I don't think I can attest of really any sonic improvement you mention.

Uh, you're leaving standing water in a basement at 78F? That sounds like overnight mold blooms.
Been doing this for three years now and haven't seen or heard any signs of mold. It's worth considering, I suppose although would there really be that much difference in water that is 65* vs 78*?

Been doing this for three years now and haven't seen or heard any signs of mold. It's worth considering, I suppose although would there really be that much difference in water that is 65* vs 78*?
Yes, there's a pretty big difference in mold growth rates between 65F and 78F. It's a fairly logarithmic scale with a parabolic curve that only starts to go down at temperatures over 100F. Anyone who has ever purposely cultivated mold or fungus would be familiar (personally have cultivated mushrooms, tempeh, beer, and kombucha). I suppose given enough time there's no significant difference in total growth towards nutrient depletion but for initial growth rate, yes, a single degree of temperature difference has startling effect.

If you were somehow able to keep the water pure, no problems. However, the mechanisms by which mold itself enters the medium are the same by which nutrients for it consume enter as well.

So how's the sound improvement? Loving it and seeing as much improvement as @Joe Mac ?
Listening to the recent reissue of New Adventures in Hi-Fi and am pretty damn impressed on how good it sounds after one cleaning. I thought it sounded good the first time I played it but I'm hearing things I definitely didn't hear before cleaning it with the HG, it's just so massive.

I'm definitely getting one of these when I can. All of your reviews sound pretty positive. I got too lazy for my spin clean so I bought a record doctor. Then I got too lazy for the record doctor, and dont like doing the noise of it in an apartment complex. This seems perfect for the price point.

I thought it was like easier to damage your ears or records with an ultrasonic

It was a long time ago but that's my only doubts for cheap ones

Maybe that's just for those an AliExpress
Your ears can't hear into ultrasonic frequencies.

Back