New Music Friday!

Hit a goldmine.

🔥
  • Ana Frango Elétrico - Me Chama De Gato Que Eu Sou Sua [YES!!! More of this is what I need as an aspiring DJ! Boogie on down with some Balearic jams]
  • Honestly Same - Hot Plate Only [perhaps the most experimental LP I've heard from a Moon Glyph release. Obviously biased for Portland labels]
  • Sofia Kourtesis - Madres [this fucks. More DJ material! Thank you very much for your service, @Hollywood]
  • Hinako Omori - stillness, softness... [another beauty]
👍
  • Omni Gardens - Golden Pear [beautiful, but I think Moss King is a touch more cuddly and wondrous. Another winner from Moon Glyph]
  • Hania Rani - Ghosts [I like the shape shifting between ambient pop and purely instrumental ambient/modern classical. I'm not connecting with her vocals as much as maybe some of you are, but this was fantastic for the nighttime. Kind of like taking in a Nils Frahm record in spots]
🤷‍♂️
  • Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version) [not gonna lie, this Taylor album (and the original) has some songs that I don't mind..."Style" "Wildest Dreams" and "This Love" come to mind. But once again, the bonus songs are so mid]
👎
  • Black Pumas - Chronicles of a Diamond [here's a very based opinion that I echo, if you don't know my feelings about them. They haven't made a dent in swaying my opinion here. Dull modern soul]
🤮

None.​

The 3rd LP This Heathen Land from London UK hard rock/heavy metal/folk rock 5-piece Green Lung absolutely slaps. There are riffs for dayyyysssss 🤘 across the 42-minute, 9 track record. But, as with their previous albums, and even moreso with this one, there is an experience to be had as well. IMO, this is their best and most complex release to date. And it will surely end up on my AOTY list, upcoming sooner than you think!

That Hotline TNT is exactly what I was hoping it would be

yeah, loving this one.
There’s tons of newer Shoegaze bands that are only partially Shoegaze on a couple of songs here and there. Every time I listen I think that maybe it’ll finally scratch the itch. This whole album is good throughout.

IMG_0858.jpeg

There’s tons of newer Shoegaze bands that are only partially Shoegaze on a couple of songs here and there. Every time I listen I think that maybe it’ll finally scratch the itch. This whole album is good throughout.

View attachment 186353
Yeah, I'm a big shoegaze fan and I'm loving the revival. I've been very excited for this Hotline TNT since I heard the first single. For me, this album is scratching a nostalgic itch of like grunge/shoegaze, or something like that. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels very 90s in a certain way. I wasn't even a big fan of grunge, but this seems to have extracted some wonderful elements of it and mixed with shoegaze. It's also very possible I'm not making sense.

Also, the thing that has really blown me away is the international spread of shoegaze. I regularly listen to South Korean and Chinese bands now.

Yeah, I'm a big shoegaze fan and I'm loving the revival. I've been very excited for this Hotline TNT since I heard the first single. For me, this album is scratching a nostalgic itch of like grunge/shoegaze, or something like that. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels very 90s in a certain way. I wasn't even a big fan of grunge, but this seems to have extracted some wonderful elements of it and mixed with shoegaze. It's also very possible I'm not making sense.

Also, the thing that has really blown me away is the international spread of shoegaze. I regularly listen to South Korean and Chinese bands now.
yeah I've been on the prowl for more bands that scratch that itch. I get so disappointed when bands, while good, are touted as shoegaze but just scratch the surface *cough*Wednesday*cough* *cough*TAGBOW*cough*.

I got waaaaaaay back into Siamese Dream this summer because there's really nothing much else like it. The shoegazey guitar on that album is just next level.

I discovered this playlist a while back, maybe from Reddit? That someone updates regularly with HEAVY shoegaze. I'll check it out every so often to find something new

semi-related but have you heard Animal Ghosts?

Back