New Music Friday!

New singles from Deadmau5, Oakenfold, Filter, Nelly, Moby, Blink 182, and Queen... a New album from Skid Row and Bush...

robin-williams.gif

I'm really enjoying this new 🆕 album from Skullcrusher 💀...I had zero expectations going into this album as she is completely new to me 😃 She was mentioned on here previously and she was also suggested to me on Tidal so I decided to give it a go first thing this morning 🌅 while sipping on my cup of coffee ☕ and OMFG what a revelation this album has been for me 😉 With a moniker like Skullcrusher, I was expecting something totally different than what actually came out of my speakers 😄 It's a beautiful, moving, ambient, atmospheric folk album! The vocals are lush and ethereal ☁️ and soothing to the soul 💟 Suffice to say, I will be revisiting this album real soon...

EDIT: turns out that Quiet the Room is Hellen Ballentine aka Skullcrusher's debut LP !

Last edited:
Glad to finally be back working.

🔥
  • Daphni - Cherry [wait, so this is Dan Snaith? The production sounded familiar. This is great!]
  • Open Mike Eagle - Component System With the Auto Reverse
👍
  • Alvvays - Blue Rev
  • Oren Ambarchi - Shebang
  • Courtney Marie Andrews - Loose Future [first time listening to her music, and it was worthwhile. Old Flowers will get an eventual try someday]
  • Sofie Birch, Antonina Nowacka - Languoria [might be your calling, @nolalady]
  • Vessel of Iniquity - The Path Unseen
  • A.A. Williams - As the Moon Rests [very good. Although a bit long for its own good, and some songs are indifferentiable from others]
🤷‍♂️
  • Bonny Light Horseman - Rolling Golden Holy
  • Johanna Warren - Lessons for Mutants
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cool it Down
👎
  • Jessica Moss - Galaxy Heart [it hurts me to put this here. Off the heels of the stunning Phosphenes (a top50 entry from last year), this one sounds gross and cluttered too often. Although the closing cut was enjoyable, it ultimately doesn't carry the load]
🤮

None.​
Try CMA’s “Honest Life” too. It’s my favorite album of hers.

It’s all about Plains for me today. But also with the live F+TM, I don’t see it on streaming yet.

Edit: never mind it’s right there duh. This should be a fun listen. I love Dance Fever
The Plains album was fantastic. Really enjoyed Wild Pink too. Alvvays was a good listen but didn’t floor me upon my first go around.

Dig the new Mavi album, Laughing So Hard, It Hurts

Looks like Ka at least started to put his recently released duo of albums up on streaming. I think only Languish Arts is on Spotify so far, but heard Woeful Studies is on other services. Definitely recommend checking those out if you haven't heard them yet.

Great new singles from MIKE, R.A.P. Ferreira, and Nappy Nina as well.

Back