New Music Friday!

Don't miss the sophomore album, Hysteria, from Australian singer-songwriter Indigo Sparke. Her layered instrumental blend of indie/country/pop folk mixed with her beautiful and powerful vocals (produced by Aaron Dessner) made this 14-track album a very welcomed surprise (in that I wasn't expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did).

Don't miss the sophomore album, Hysteria, from Australian singer-songwriter Indigo Sparke. Her layered instrumental blend of indie/country/pop folk mixed with her beautiful and powerful vocals (produced by Aaron Dessner) made this 14-track album a very welcomed surprise (in that I wasn't expecting to enjoy it nearly as much as I did).

Ditto that. I was only aware of her because she recently toured with The National. I wasn’t expecting too much, but it’s a really great album.

Ditto that. I was only aware of her because she recently toured with The National. I wasn’t expecting too much, but it’s a really great album.
Glad you're enjoying it, too 🎧 I discovered her in 20/21 after doing some research with lyrics from Adrienne Lenker's last solo album (Songs, 2020). Much of the lyrical content on  Songs was centered on Lenker and Sparke's relationship and breakup. Sparke's debut LP last year,  Echo, was a solid debut, but her new album here is, IMO, leaps and bounds ahead of it 👍

Glad you're enjoying it, too 🎧 I discovered her in 20/21 after doing some research with lyrics from Adrienne Lenker's last solo album (Songs, 2020). Much of the lyrical content on  Songs was centered on Lenker and Sparke's relationship and breakup. Sparke's debut LP last year,  Echo, was a solid debut, but her new album here is, IMO, leaps and bounds ahead of it 👍
I just realized today that Adrianne Lenker had produced her debut, but I didn’t know they were a couple. Songs is a great album too.

I'm surprised 😯 no one else on here has mentioned the new 🆕 album from composer/producer and multi-instramentalist D.I.Y. Chicago artist, NNADMÏ! His strange mix of abstract hip-hop, electronics, frantic jazz, math rock and other styles and genres of music with a tinge of absurdist humour, is fantastic!

I'm surprised 😯 no one else on here has mentioned the new 🆕 album from composer/producer and multi-instramentalist D.I.Y. Chicago artist, NNADMÏ! His strange mix of abstract hip-hop, electronics, frantic jazz, math rock and other styles and genres of music with a tinge of absurdist humour, is fantastic!
I started streaming it on Friday and I concur. It's lovely.

I did, but it was very early Friday morning:

The Arkestra, NNAMDÏ and King Gizz have all knocked it out of the park for me this week!

If you like the lighter side of 80s post-punk and 90s Madchester, and easy-listening R&B delivered with the light electronic touch of the French band Air, frenetic funk and intergalactic hyper-pop mixed in with dark cinematic interludes, then you need to check out the fourth LP from Halifax, England's trio, The Orielles!

Back