Abby Sage – The Florist EP
Taylor Swift – Midnights
Serj Tankian – Perplex Cities EP
Tegan and Sara – Crybaby
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxymore
Fiona Brice – And You Know I Care
Goat - Oh Death
Sloan – Steady
I am excited for Dawn Richard, Nick Hakim, Taylor and Tegan and Sara!!! So much new Friday music.

This is quite an enjoyable compilation:

A North American road trip of coming of age garage soul mapped by Ivan Liechti, Ghost Riders is Efficient Space’s latest narrative compilation, hovering in a liminal emotional ravine between moonlight melancholy, teenage heartache and unchecked, unrealised ambition. Across 17 open hearted ballads recorded 1965-1974, the 2LP collects and connects dots between British Invasion fanatics, child prodigies, the loners and the luckless, in a kind of trans-continental survey of those swept up in rock’n’roll mania and buoyed by local newspaper ads promising fame and gold records.

Radar 📡 List
Friday October 21, 2022

Carly Rae Jepsen
- The Lonliest Time
Dry Cleaning - Stumpwork
Exhumed - To The Dead
Frankie Cosmos - Inner World Peace
Inclination - Unaltered Perspective
Quinton Barnes - For The Love Of Drugs
Submotile - One Final Summit Before The Fall
Taylor Swift -  Midnights
The Otolith - Folium Limina

Man, so I put on that new 1975 album on the way to work. The first song (self-titled, wtf) had this awesome Dream Academy vibe and I was suddenly like, I don't think I've heard this band before. I can get into this. Then the second track started and I was like oh yeah... I've heard these guys and put The War on Drugs on.

I think this made a couple of lists but is well worth your time:

*sees "Art Pop" tag*

YES!

EDIT: Clarinets as well? omg

Another RBF from this past Friday the 14th. Holy shit this is good! Debut album from Andrina Bollinger from Switzerland. Secret Seed is some of the best art pop I've heard all year. No joke. 👀🎧.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
🔥

Last edited:
Here's my selection for tomorrow, October 21st 2022. Happy listening everybody 😊👂😎🎶

Taylor Swift "Midnights" (Pop, Country, Rock, Country Pop, Alternative rock, Indie folk, Baroque pop, Folktronica, Synth-pop)

Arctic Monkeys "The Car" (Alternative Rock, Post-Punk, Garage Rock)

Carly Rae Jepsen "The Loneliest Time" (Pop; disco; pop rock; folk)

Architects "The Classic Symptoms Of A Broken Spirit" (Mathcore, Metalcore, Post-Hardcore, Progressive Metal)

Loyle Carner "Hugo" (Hip Hop)

Dry Cleaning "Stumpwork" (Post Punk)

The Soft Pink Truth "Is It Going to Get Any Deeper Than This?" (Electronic, microhouse, techno)

Alice Boman "The Space Between" (Singer-Songwriter, Indie Pop, Dream Pop, Piano)

Robyn Hitchcock "Shufflemania!" (Alternative rock, jangle pop, psychedelic folk, post-punk)

Jean-Michel Jarre "Oxymore" (Ambient; new-age; electronic; trance; progressive rock; techno)

Twain "Noon" (Folk, Indie Rock)

Brutus "Unison Life" (Post-hardcore; Math rock; Post-rock; Post-metal; Shoegaze)

Witch Fever "Congregation" (Riot Grrrl, Punk, Alternative Rock)

a-ha "True North" (Synth-pop; new wave; pop rock; alternative rock)

Tegan and Sara "Crybaby" (Indie pop; indie folk; synthpop; indie rock; pop)

Dawn Richard & Spencer Zahn "Pigments" (R&B, pop, electronic)

Goat "Oh Death" (Experimental rock, psychedelic rock, hard rock, afrobeat, worldbeat)

Archers of Loaf "Reason In Decline" (Indie rock, noise rock)

😍 Danielle Ponder - Some Of Us Are Brave

This is so beautiful, one of the albums I've most been looking forward to and it delivers. Saw Danielle was coming to town and went to get tickets only to find she's opening for Marcus Mumford and tickets were gone or too 'spensive so I ordered the vinyl.

Found out she’s coming to my town and I booked so fast. I love this album. Thanks for posting!

Here's the New Music Friday! playlist for Oct 21, 2022. Any suggestions/feedback are appreciated.

@Captainfog

I made a list of all the new albums listed here and some songs here and there as well as new albums from no depression, pitch, consequence, quites, jazziz, jazztimes, downbeat, and allmusic and it is 87 hours long (there are some things that aren't necessarily new this week)

Here's the New Music Friday! playlist for Oct 21, 2022. Any suggestions/feedback are appreciated.

@Captainfog

I'm just curious how many on here actually check this out 🤔 (seeing as you put in a good deal of your own time each week putting these playlists together). I think it's a nice tool to get a preview of an artist I'm not familiar with to see if I want to further check them out. Thanks for the time put in each week, Rip!

Back