New Music Friday!

Listening to Juanita right now, but I got distracted by that Sly5thAve & Roberto Verastegui. Y'all that's a great album. Do not sleep on it.
Can confirm. Great blend of jazz, funk, hip hop and psychedelia. Also, Silvana Estrada features on a couple of tracks. I'll be grabbing the vinyl on the next Bancamp Friday.

The new Denzel Curry is real good. It’s a nice change up for his style with more interesting and diverse production. He also proves again how great his flow is. I liked TA13BOO enough, but this is miles better.

Last week of listening impressions before finalizing Q1 chart favorites. Will post on Thursday in the Best Music of 2022 thread after spending Mon-Thurs reevaluating all of my favorites/contenders for chart placement. No chart entries will be ranked until Q2.

🔥
  • The Bogie Band featuring Joe Russo - The Prophets in the City
  • Dream Widow - Dream Widow [this was an unexpected, welcome surprise. Easily the best Foo Fighters adjacent release in over a decade]
  • Sly5thAve, Roberto Verástegui - Agua de Jamaica
👍
  • Destroyer - LABYRINTHITIS [first time I have enjoyed a Destroyer record]
  • Aldous Harding - Warm Chris
  • Ibibio Sound Machine - Electricity [solid as usual from ISM, but I have the inescapable feeling that it could have gone even harder]
  • Emma Ruth Rundle - Orpheus Looking Back (EP)
  • Vanessa Wagner - Study of the Invisible
🤷‍♂️
  • Animals as Leaders - Parrhesia
  • Bladee, Ecco2k - Crest [expected to dislike, enjoyed more than any Bladee release thus far]
  • Camp Cope - Running With the Hurricane [it's close to 👍]
  • CHANCE デラソウル - Shine On
  • Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez See Your Future
  • Emily Jane White - Alluvion
  • Mattiel - Georgia Gothic
  • Bob Moses - The Silence in Between
👎

None.​
🤮

Also none. A quality week to close out Q1.​
EDIT: Added a few words to introductory paragraph.

Last edited:
Radar List for 4.1.22

Alabaster DePlumeGold
The Greyboy AllstarsGet a Job: Music from the Original Broadcast Series Soul Dream
Club d’ElfYou Never Know
Kathleen Edwards - Dogs and Alcohol EP
Molly Tuttle & Golden HighwayCrooked Tree
Elliah HeifetzFirst Generation American
NakayaFire Becomes Me EP
Donny BenétLe Piano EP
GooseberryBroken Dance EP
Hari SimaSolo en Occidente
Gerald ClaytonBells On Sand

And here's my selection for upcoming Friday, April 1st. Happy listening everybody 🎶🙂

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Unlimited love" (Funk rock; alternative rock; funk metal; rap rock)

Confidence Man "TILT" (Electropop)

PUP "THE UNRAVELING OF PUPTHEBAND" (Punk rock; pop-punk; hardcore punk; post-hardcore; emo)

Meshuggah "Immutable" (Progressive Metal, Technical Death Metal, Experimental Metal)

Christian Lee Hutson "Quitters" (Indie Folk)

Plastikman & Chilly Gonzales "Consumed in Key" (Techno, Piano, Cello)

Molly Tuttle "Crooked Tree" (Bluegrass, Americana, country Folk)

Sundara Karma "Oblivion!" (Indie pop, alternative rock, indie rock)

Walt Disco "Unlearning" (New Wave, Glam Rock)

Warmdüscher "At the Hotspot" (Garage rock, Post-punk, Electronic music)

Crows "Beware Believers" (Folk Rock)

Papercuts "Past Life Regression" (Rock, Grunge)

Pillow Queens "Leave the Light On" (Indie Rock)

Noon Garden "Beulah Spa" (Psych Pop, Synth Pop)

Hannah Peel & Paraorchestra "The Unfolding" (Indie pop; synth-pop)

Pastor Champion "I Just Want To Be A Good Man" (Blues. Funk, Soul)

Kublai Khan "Lowest form of animal" (Metalcore, beatdown hardcore)

On my radar for April 1 based on the released singles I've heard:

Field Works - Stations
"Field Works has created a new type of music in which human voices sing along with the actual voice of the Earth. 👂🌍 Stations features an all-star ensemble of vocalists and instrumentalists, including Hanna Benn, Janie Cowan, Masayoshi Fujita, Stuart Hyatt, Laraaji, Qasim Naqvi, and Brad Weber. The deluxe vinyl edition includes a bonus digital album of peer reviews by Deantoni Parks, Green-House, Olga Wojciechowska, Afrodeutsche, Nathan Fake, Ben Chatwin, Sophia Loizou, Amulets, Penelope Trappes, and Alva Noto."

SOUNDWALK COLLECTIVE w/ Charlotte Gainsbourg feat Atom™, Lyra Pramuk, Paul B. Preciado, & Willem Dafoe - Lovotic
Two singles for this one have come and gone on Spotify, so hopefully this will be available to stream tomorrow Friday. 🤞

Last edited:
And here's my selection for upcoming Friday, April 1st. Happy listening everybody 🎶🙂

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Unlimited love" (Funk rock; alternative rock; funk metal; rap rock)

Confidence Man "TILT" (Electropop)

PUP "THE UNRAVELING OF PUPTHEBAND" (Punk rock; pop-punk; hardcore punk; post-hardcore; emo)

Meshuggah "Immutable" (Progressive Metal, Technical Death Metal, Experimental Metal)

Christian Lee Hutson "Quitters" (Indie Folk)

Plastikman & Chilly Gonzales "Consumed in Key" (Techno, Piano, Cello)

Molly Tuttle "Crooked Tree" (Bluegrass, Americana, country Folk)

Sundara Karma "Oblivion!" (Indie pop, alternative rock, indie rock)

Walt Disco "Unlearning" (New Wave, Glam Rock)

Warmdüscher "At the Hotspot" (Garage rock, Post-punk, Electronic music)

Crows "Beware Believers" (Folk Rock)

Papercuts "Past Life Regression" (Rock, Grunge)

Pillow Queens "Leave the Light On" (Indie Rock)

Noon Garden "Beulah Spa" (Psych Pop, Synth Pop)

Hannah Peel & Paraorchestra "The Unfolding" (Indie pop; synth-pop)

Pastor Champion "I Just Want To Be A Good Man" (Blues. Funk, Soul)

Kublai Khan "Lowest form of animal" (Metalcore, beatdown hardcore)
Very interested in that Plastikman & Chilly Gonzales collab. Anything with piano and stings is an insta-listen for me.
On my radar for April 1 based on the released singles I've heard:

Field Works - Stations
"Field Works has created a new type of music in which human voices sing along with the actual voice of the Earth. 👂🌍 Stations features an all-star ensemble of vocalists and instrumentalists, including Hanna Benn, Janie Cowan, Masayoshi Fujita, Stuart Hyatt, Laraaji, Qasim Naqvi, and Brad Weber. The deluxe vinyl edition includes a bonus digital album of peer reviews by Deantoni Parks, Green-House, Olga Wojciechowska, Afrodeutsche, Nathan Fake, Ben Chatwin, Sophia Loizou, Amulets, Penelope Trappes, and Alva Noto."

SOUNDWALK COLLECTIVE w/ Charlotte Gainsbourg feat Atom™, Lyra Pramuk, Paul B. Preciado, & Willem Dafoe - Lovotic
Two singles for this one have come and gone on Spotify, so hopefully this will be available to stream tomorrow. 🤞
Everything about both of these sounds amazing. I love Charlotte, and I love Lyra, so both together, I am very excited!!

Back