New Music Friday!

Man, James Blake is very disappointing 5 songs in, reminds me way too much of Assume Form which I didn't like. James Blake x Features doesn't feel natural to me at all, it kills what made his earlier music so memorable and beautiful. I hated that Assume Form felt like a commercial album and now his concerts are all anchored by a song with a Travis Scott feature that makes the new fans in the crowd go crazy but does nothing for fans of The Color in Anything and previous works.

The first song on this album sets it up like you're about to go on an epic journey and then songs 2-5 are big corny mehs.

Man, James Blake is very disappointing 5 songs in, reminds me way too much of Assume Form which I didn't like. James Blake x Features doesn't feel natural to me at all, it kills what made his earlier music so memorable and beautiful. I hated that Assume Form felt like a commercial album and now his concerts are all anchored by a song with a Travis Scott feature that makes the new fans in the crowd go crazy but does nothing for fans of The Color in Anything and previous works.

The first song on this album sets it up like you're about to go on an epic journey and then songs 2-5 are big corny mehs.

I'm not really a fan in the first place so I skipped it but I'm sorry it's a letdown, nevertheless.

Radar 📡 List for Friday 10.15.21:

Coldplay - Music Of the Spheres
Jason Isbell & The 400 Units - Georgia Blue
A.A. Williams - Arco (EP)
Finneas - Optimist
Remi Wolf - Juno
Johnny Maar - Fever Dreams, Pt. 1
Pokey Lafarge - In The Blossom of Their Shade
Cœur De Pirate - Impossible à Aimer
The Driver Era - GIRLFRIEND
Tom Morello - The Atlas Underground Fire

Radar List for 10.15.21