New Music Friday!

I'm liking this Black Midi album a lot more than the clips I listened to after all the SXSW hype.

What a Friday! And what a great collection of releases in different genres I enjoy too. My main interests, which will keep me busy all dang weekend, are the new Hot Chip, Hatchie, Black Midi, Mannequin Pussy, Black Pumas, Titus Andronicus and Mark Ronson. Cherry on top: the release of "Door" on Wednesday by Caroline Polachek, formerly of Chairlift. Sound engineering and vocal work on that track are off the charts.

I figure one of two of the albums released this week will rise high my AOTY list, we'll see which ones!

Here's the Polachek vid:

This new Black Midi album is my AOTY so far. Such a fun and unique listen unlike anything I've ever heard before! Definitely check it out if you haven't.

Right before I read this post, I saw @gaporter, @McGlam and @blenoxsmith raving about it in the Best Music of 2019 thread. Saw that as a sign and put the album on right away, it's great, thanks for the rec guys!

Out running around today so I can't compile the list like usual, but it's all about The Black Keys for me today! Been waiting on this one for awhile. After hearing you guys hype it, I'm gonna check out Bandana by Freddie Gibbs and Madlib too.

Metacritic:

NPR:

He Is Legend and The Tallest Man On Earth have new albums out today. I'm halfway through He Is Legend, and it's pretty solid. Sounds a lot like thier earlier work, minus the horror movie monsters. Not saying that's a bad thing, just different. Burn All Your Rock Records and Resister Resist Her have been standouts so far.

Slothrust has a two songer.

Goblin Cock's "Roses On the Piano" cover album is out on streaming. Was part of the Rob Crow AiR last year.

Appleseed Cast's The Fleeting Light of Impermanence is EXCELLENT

Thom Yorke I like quite a bit

New Black Keys is fairly lacklustre; arguably a better record than the Raconteurs, but only just

Hot Chip is classic Hot Chip; a couple of great tunes and a bunch of wishy-wash filler

Appleseed Cast's The Fleeting Light of Impermanence is EXCELLENT

Thom Yorke I like quite a bit

New Black Keys is fairly lacklustre; arguably a better record than the Raconteurs, but only just

Hot Chip is classic Hot Chip; a couple of great tunes and a bunch of wishy-wash filler

You need to move this to the Hot Takes thread :)

Is Spotify's New Release page a paid thing? It's always so inconsistent. Of the albums on Metacritic's list alone, only Black Keys and Thom Yorke show up this week.
I can't figure it out. Usually it's pretty good about having a mix of stuff that's promoted (paid I assume) and stuff I like and follow, but not all the artists I follow show up on it.

Back