New Music Friday!

I'm enjoying the new Charli XCX quite a bit as well. Makes for a pretty good release week for electronic music with L'Impératrice and Kaytranada. I've never gotten into a Charli XCX record before although I've enjoyed tracks here and there. This one is hitting that spot I was hoping the Dua Lipa would hit. But more raw than anything I'd expect from Dua Lipa. Almost feels like an underground/indie electronic record.

Radar List, 14th June 2024
  • Fu ManchuThe Return Of Tomorrow (Indie Rock / Alternative Rock)
  • Julie ChristmasRidiculous and Full of Blood (Indie Rock / Alternative Rock)
  • KMRU, Kevin Richard MartinDisconnect (Dark Ambient / Drone / Metal)
  • MalignancyDiscontinued (Death / Technical)
  • Sheida Gharachedaghi & Mohammad Reza AslaniChess of the Wind (Folk / Roots, Dark Ambient / Drone / Metal)
  • UlcerateCutting the Throat of God (Death / Avant-garde / Technical)
  • Will Gregory Moog EnsembleHeat Ray: The Archimedes Project (Electronic, Modern Classical / Ambient)

I'm enjoying the new Charli XCX quite a bit as well. Makes for a pretty good release week for electronic music with L'Impératrice and Kaytranada. I've never gotten into a Charli XCX record before although I've enjoyed tracks here and there. This one is hitting that spot I was hoping the Dua Lipa would hit. But more raw than anything I'd expect from Dua Lipa. Almost feels like an underground/indie electronic record.
I'm with you, I really like the new Charli XCX and I was disappointed in the recent Dua Lipa.

The other pop album I've really enjoyed this year, which helped me get past my disappointment with the Dua Lipa album is the latest from Empress Of, which is excellent imo.

I'm with you, I really like the new Charli XCX and I was disappointed in the recent Dua Lipa.

The other pop album I've really enjoyed this year, which helped me get past my disappointment with the Dua Lipa album is the latest from Empress Of, which is excellent imo.

That Dua Lipa isn't bad, just bland. The singles are good, but the back half of the record kind of blends into the background. Too bad.

I’m not real sure I want to open this can of worms but I find it very interesting that Dua Lipa, Adriana Grande, and Taylor Swift all make albums that are more personal than usual and there is a good chunk of their fan base that is like “no thanks.”

Radar List for 6.14.24

Me First & The Gimme Gimmes – ¡Blow it…at Madison's Quinceanera!
Bilal featuring Questlove, Robert Glasper & Burniss Travis – Live at Glasshaus
Azu Tiwaline & Forest Drive West – Fluids In Motion EP
Zara Mcfarlane - Sweet Whispers: Celebrating Sarah Vaughan
John Cage | Aaron Dilloway – Rozart Mix
Various – Nø Format! Remixed 2004-2024
Fana Hues – MOTH
KRM & KMRU – Disconnect
MONO – OATH
Stumbleine – Deleted Scene
John Grant – The Art of the Lie
The Decemberists – As It Ever Was, So It Will Be Again
Bif Naked – Champion
RJD2 – Visions Out Of Limelight
Daniel Carter | Matthew Putman | Federico Ughi – Stream Of A Dream
Staples Jr. Singers – Searching
Hermanos Gutiérrez – Sonido Cósmico
Julius Rodriguez – Evergreen
JasonMartin and DJ Quk – Chupacabra
John Cale – POPtical Illusion
Martha Skye Murphy – Um
Mike Campbell & The Dirty Knobs – Vagabonds, Virgins & Misfits
Jill Barber – Encore!

Last edited:
Really liked the new Actress.
Thanks for highlighting this Actress album. Just got around to it and loved it. This is my kind of ambient, in that it's dynamic and always keep you guessing. Gives me Huerco S. vibes.

Sidenote, bc I think I've seen that you dig his music, Laraaji is conducting a Sound Bath near me this weekend, and I'm going. Can't f'ing wait to zone out under his acoustic care.

Thanks for highlighting this Actress album. Just got around to it and loved it. This is my kind of ambient, in that it's dynamic and always keep you guessing. Gives me Huerco S. vibes.

Sidenote, bc I think I've seen that you dig his music, Laraaji is conducting a Sound Bath near me this weekend, and I'm going. Can't f'ing wait to zone out under his acoustic care.

That is so awesome! I'm excited for you!

Back