New Music Friday!

Ulcerate
Cutting the Throat of God

7 Tracks, 58 minutes. Absolutely crushing, fast-paced, and melodic. Amazing vocals and guitar work. Arguably the best drumming of the year. Best death metal/extreme metal album of the year so far (honestly can't see anything else beating this one..). AOTY contender.

Ulcerate
Cutting the Throat of God

7 Tracks, 58 minutes. Absolutely crushing, fast-paced, and melodic. Amazing vocals and guitar work. Arguably the best drumming of the year. Best death metal/extreme metal album of the year so far (honestly can't see anything else beating this one..). AOTY contender.

Amazing. The variety on this record is excellent.

OK, looking like a very low key Friday release day for me, which is nice, I can catch up on things I haven't gotten to yet. Only one album I'm all over on Friday morning, and it's a live album, which doesn't usually get me excited, but, this is Lankum. All hail Lankum:

Lankum - Live in Dublin

I'll check out new Islands and Pond too, as they are usually good for a couple great tracks per album.

OK, looking like a very low key Friday release day for me, which is nice, I can catch up on things I haven't gotten to yet. Only one album I'm all over on Friday morning, and it's a live album, which doesn't usually get me excited, but, this is Lankum. All hail Lankum:

Lankum - Live in Dublin

I'll check out new Islands and Pond too, as they are usually good for a couple great tracks per album.
I am excited to hear Been Stellar’s debut album Scream from New York, NY in it’s entirety.

Radar List for 6.21.24

Kronos Quartet & Friends – Outer Spaceways Incorporated: Kronos Quartet & Friends Meet Sun Ra
Lankum – Live In Dublin
Session Victim – Screen Off EP
Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention – Whiskey a Go Go, 1968
Charles Gayle / Milford Graves / William Parker – WEBO
Wild Up – Julius Eastman Vol. 4: The Holy Presence
Emilíana Torrini – Miss Flower
Dave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore – TexiCali
Matthew Shipp – The Data
Kittie – Fire
Cavalera Conspiracy – Schizophrenia
GAF & The Love Supreme Arkestra – Ganzfeld
Various – Petty Country: A Country Music Celebration of Tom Petty
Wacław Zimpel – Japanese Journal Vol. 1
Greenleaf – The Head & The Habit
Cody Dickinson – Homemade
Lake Street Dive – Good Together
Alcest – Les Chants De L’Aurore

Radar List, 21st June 2024
  • Frank BretschneiderPounding (Electronic / Experimental)
  • Ghostloop & AtmøsphäreExosphere (Ambient / Downtempo / Dreampop)
  • Heave Blood & DieBurnout Codes (Punk / Hardcore / Post-Punk)
  • SUMACThe Healer (Metal / Noise / Industrial / Extreme)
  • Tristan Perich, Ensemble 0Open Symmetry (Drone / Kosmische / Minimal)
  • Various ArtistsVirtual Dreams: Ambient Explorations In The House & Techno Age, 1993-1997 (Electronic / Electro / IDM / EBM)
  • Various ArtistsAntique Songs For Children's Carousel - from Kerouac to Mozart to Bartok to Brel - The Eclectic Soundworld of Scott Walker (Pop / Indie Pop / Experimental Pop / Electro-Pop)
  • William Parker / Cooper-Moore / Hamid DrakeHeart Trio (Free Jazz / Spiritual Jazz / World Music)
  • William Parker & Ellen ChristiCereal Music (Free Jazz / Spiritual Jazz / World Music)

Radar List for 6.21.24

Kronos Quartet & Friends – Outer Spaceways Incorporated: Kronos Quartet & Friends Meet Sun Ra
Lankum – Live In Dublin
Session Victim – Screen Off EP
Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention – Whiskey a Go Go, 1968
Charles Gayle / Milford Graves / William Parker – WEBO
Wild Up – Julius Eastman Vol. 4: The Holy Presence
Emilíana Torrini – Miss Flower
Dave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore – TexiCali
Matthew Shipp – The Data
Kittie – Fire
Cavalera Conspiracy – Schizophrenia
GAF & The Love Supreme Arkestra – Ganzfeld
Various – Petty Country: A Country Music Celebration of Tom Petty
Wacław Zimpel – Japanese Journal Vol. 1
Greenleaf – The Head & The Habit
Cody Dickinson – Homemade
Lake Street Dive – Good Together
Alcest – Les Chants De L’Aurore
Can't wait for that Frank to drop. It's one of the best and most out there Mothers lineups. I was really disappointed that the udiscover sale ended before it was released because I want that 5 LP boxset version. BG has done amazing things on these live albums they've been letting out of the archives. Like with Neil I keep saying I don't need another live Zappa album, but they're all so damn good that I end up getting them all anyway.

Back