New Music Friday!

Lemme know what you think. Not sure if I oversold it or undersold it šŸ¤”

I enjoyed it quite a bitā€”not gonna make my top 10 but it's absolutely something I will revisit. Very adventurous stuff with some fun surprises. The couple times I started to feel uncertain they switched things up in a way that drew me back in. Thanks for putting it on our radar!

I enjoyed it quite a bitā€”not gonna make my top 10 but it's absolutely something I will revisit. Very adventurous stuff with some fun surprises. The couple times I started to feel uncertain they switched things up in a way that drew me back in. Thanks for putting it on our radar!
Pretty much my sentiments on the album! Surely unlikely to be Top10 material by year's end, but definitely a new and fun listen. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did šŸ‘Š #RBFforthewin

Switching to a monthly wrap up this year. Not a lot this month. Going to try and avoid burnout (< 300 releases total).

šŸ”„
  • Boldy James x Nicholas Craven - Penalty of Leadership [some of the most HANGRY bars I've heard from Mr. 227. Samples are fantastic. I'd say this is even better than Fair Exchange No Robbery from two years ago. A chilling reflection on his near death experience a year ago]
  • Erotic Secrets of Pompeii - Mondo Maleficum [thank you for coming in the clutch, @musicjunkiegreg. I would toss out Algiers as a comparison and replace with HMLTD...it has an artsy goth angle combined with a central modern post-punk sound, after all]
  • The Smile - Wall of Eyes [Yorke and crew keep on keeping on. "Teleharmonic" is my favorite song in the young year]
šŸ‘
  • Philip Glass - Philip Glass Solo [a beautiful album by a brilliant minimalist composer]
  • Marika Hackman - Big Sigh [very high probability of moving into the top tier in time]
  • Mary Halvorson - Cloudward
  • Orkun A. - Archaic
  • Kali Uchis - OrquĆ­deas
šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
  • Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can't Go
  • CHANCE ćƒ‡ćƒ©ć‚½ć‚¦ćƒ« - In Media Rez [among the least enjoyable in the giant discography of this artist]
  • Green Day - Saviors
  • R.A.P. Ferreira x Fumitake Tamura - The First Fist to Make Contact When We Dap
  • SPRINTS - Letter to Self
šŸ‘Ž
  • Rejoyce - All of Heaven's Luck
  • Sleater-Kinney - Little Rope [little to no bite to this. Why does it sound so clean?]
šŸ¤®

None.​

Sleater-Kinney - Little Rope [little to no bite to this. Why does it sound so clean?]
I haven't listened to a Sleater-Kinney album since No Cities to Love and I was thinking about checking this out because there's so little new music out that I'm interested in atm. So this seals it. Who wants a Sleater-Kinney album like that.

As I kinda suspected the new J Mascis album is wonderful and is the first new title I have purchased so far in 2024. His solo stuff is a lot gentler than the Dinosaur Jr tunes but no less brilliant.

Once I get through my Screaming Trees/Mark Lanegan playthrough (which has admittedly stalled put a bit as the weekly release lists start filling out) I think I need to finally give Dinosaur Jr a try...

Radar List, 9th February 2024
  • Kali Malone ā€” All Life Long (Modern Classical / Ambient, Dark Ambient / Drone / Metal)
  • Sonic Youth ā€” Walls Have Ears (Indie / Alternative)
  • Helado Negro ā€” Phasor (Pop/Rock)
  • Bruno Spoerri ā€” Musiques LĆ©gĆØres (1976-1982) (Funk / Jazz / Blues / Soul / Gospel)
  • Champagne Dub ā€” Rainbow (Reggae / Dub / Dancehall)
  • Chelsea Wolfe ā€” She Reaches Out To She Reaches Out To She (Metal / Noise / Industrial / Extreme)
  • Karl Bartos ā€” The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Electronic / Electro / IDM / EBM / Soundtracks)
  • The Telescopes ā€” Growing Eyes Becoming String (Psyche / Space / Kraut / Prog / Shoegaze / Post-Rock / Math / Experimental Indie)

I haven't listened to a Sleater-Kinney album since No Cities to Love and I was thinking about checking this out because there's so little new music out that I'm interested in atm. So this seals it. Who wants a Sleater-Kinney album like that.
I' d at least give it a listen on streaming. I think itvis by farvtheir best since no cities to love. Haven't decided if i need it on vinyl because i have all of their albums through to no cities but it's definitely up from the last ones

Back