New Music Friday!

This is the album that's stuck with me the most from yesterday, really like it!
That’s awesome! They’ve been one of my favourite bands for a while. Got to see them last year on the day that their reissue of their first album was releasing. They came to my favourite local record shop to sell the reissue and play a couple acoustic songs. They played my favourite and signed a ton of my stuff. After the show that night they sat on the edge of the stage with me for like an hour and just talked, it was super cool.

I’m currently trying to collect all of their vinyl releases. At the moment I’m only missing some old 45s and an ep or 2. Hopefully once self-isolation is done I can catch another show and get them to sign all the other releases I’ve picked up. It would be super cool to have all their releases with signed covers someday!

On the docket, a big day for new music.

• STRFKR - never listened to these guys before, but I've always been aware of them because they're on Polyvinyl and I'm a fan of a lot of PV bands. Sounds like Pond meets of Montreal.
  • The Strokes
  • Laura Marling
  • Elvis Depressedly
  • Hamilton Leithauser

Looks like a solid day of releases, here's my list for the day:

Hamilton Leithauser - The Loves of Your Life
The Strokes - The New Abnormal
STRFKR - Future Past Life
Laura Marling - Song for Our Daughter
Midwife - Forever
Tanya Morgan - Be Right Back
Methyl Ethel - Hurts to Laugh
Cadet - The Rated Legend
Trace Mountains - Lost in the Country
The Dream Syndicate - The Universe Inside
Elvis Depressedly - Depressedelica
The Buttertones - Jazzhound
Damu the Fudgemunk & Raw Poetic - Moment of Change
Once and Future Band - Deleted Scenes
The Brains - Satana Turantula
Stay Inside - Viewing
Long Neck - World's Strongest Dog

I feel like I've heard good things about this band, or am I thinking of Purple Mountains
Purple Mountains was a great album from Silver Jews frontman David Berman (RIP) last year. Trace Mountains is the former frontman of LVL UP going solo for the first time.

Edit: Trace Mountains apparently put out 2 albums in 2018 I was not aware of.

Last edited:
Purple Mountains was a great album from Silver Jews frontman David Berman (RIP) last year. Trace Mountains is the former frontman of LVL UP going solo for the first time.
Oh shit I love LVL UP! I didn’t even know that was them!

Back